About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, December 4, 2021

December Munera

I participated in a RTT today, at Next Level Wargaming. Unfortunately, this was the last RTT to be held there, and I feel really, really sad. I'll miss the place.

As for the games, well, I'm exhausted and I don't remember much. I've been up since 3am, so I'm kind of brain dead at this point. The only thing I can say for sure is that I played Black Templars, and I think I screwed up. My list was basically:

Black Templars Battalion
Primaris Marshal with auto-flamer and master-crafted power sword, Master at Arms
Primaris Chaplain with Breviary (however you spell it)
Emperor's Champion
3 Assault Intercessor squads (5 dudes each, one squad's Sergeant had a power fist, the Relic Bearer one called Fist of Balthus?)
5 Bladeguard Veterans
2 Redemptor Dreadnoughts with plasma
4 Sword Brethren
2 Primaris Repulsor Executioner tanks with plasma

First game was against Grey Knights with 5 Dreadknights. Despite using the Abhor the Witch Vow, my army got almost wiped out. I think I did have a single Repulsor Executioner still alive somewhere in my deployment zone, but I only killed 1 Dreadknight. Yikes. On the other hand, I killed like 4-5 Interceptor squads (I think?), so not too bad. Ended in a terrible loss for me.


Second game was against Black Templars - mirror match up! I think the opponent had 8 Assault Terminators, an Apocethary, Primaris Chaplain on bike, a Gladiator Valiant, but otherwise he had a similar list to mine. Lost that game too, 73 (I think?) to 97 points. Oh, well. Let's just say my Repulsor Executioners basically did f all, and he made all the saves for his Assault Terminators and Bladeguard Veterans. Not exactly a good game for me.


The third game was against Space Wolves. I got tabled by turn 5. End of story.


Um, as it turns out, the Repulsor Executioner tanks were bad. A lot worse than I thought. Perhaps half of it was my stupidity in not selecting the Uphold the Emperor's vow, which would give them a 5++ invulnerable saves against the Space Wolves and the Grey Knights, but yeah. I guess I'll have to figure something out. Swap them out for Terminators, maybe. Honestly, they are great in a Crusade or narratively themed army, but in tournaments...not so much. Anyway, I'll see. Till then. Gotta sleep early tonight because I'm exhausted, so I'm keeping this post short.

No comments:

Post a Comment