About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Black Templars versus Drukhari

I managed to get a game against Drukhari or Dark Eldar today! My opponent brought Cult of Strife and Kabal of the Black Heart, and I believe this is the first time I'm playing against Drukhari after their nerf in the dataslate. And I think it shows, but we'll get to that later. For now, my opponent list looks something like this:

Cult of Strife Battalion

Lelith Hesperax

Succubus

3 squads of 5 Wyches

2 squads of 10 Wyches (or rather 1 squad of 9, 1 squad of 10)

Beastmaster

Kabal of Black Heart Patrol

Archon

2 squads of 10 Kabalite Warriors

1 squad of 5 Kabalite Warriors

2 squads of 5 Incubi

1 Ravager

2 Venoms

12 Reavers

2 Raiders

Something like that. I brought my Crusade list, which was the same all-Primaris list that I use for my Crusade campaign, with some exceptions.

Black Templars Battalion

Primaris Marshal with auto-flamer

Primaris Chaplain

Emperor's Champion

3 squads of 5 Assault Intercessors

5 Bladeguard Veterans

2 Redemptor Dreadnoughts

4 Sword Brethren

2 Repulsor Executioner tanks

Funnily enough, the Repulsor Executioner tanks pulled their weight today. I guess the Uphold the Emperor Vow really makes a lot of difference. Anyway, let's get onto it. Our misson was Scorched Earth because it had the easiest deployment zones and I was kind of lazy, heh. We rolled off, I ended up deploying first, and then I got first turn somehow.

That...basically turned everything around. In the first turn, with combined shooting from my 2 Redemptor Dreadnoughts and 1 of my Repulsor Executioner, I killed 2 squads of 5 Wyches and 10 Kabalite Warriors, making the whole quarter empty. I completely forgot to shoot with my second Repulsor Executioner, but whatever. Let's take it as a handicap against a relatively new-ish player who hasn't played for a long time.

Despite the Kabal of Black Heart re-rolls and Dark Lances, my 5++ invulnerable save from the Templar Vow saw my Repulsor Executioner survive everything, going down to 7 wounds (I think? - probably 10 after the shooting phase). The Reavers charged in, I killed 2 in overwatch, and then they did 3 damage in melee to bring my Repulsor Executioner down to 7 wounds total.


I managed to get 15 points for primary because I held 3 objectives to my opponent's 2. Plus banners and Oaths of Moment gave me a lot of points. I then killed most of the Reavers in the shooting phase wth my Repulsor Executioner, destroyed the Ravager and did 4 and 3 wounds respectively to the 2 Raiders with my Redemptor Dreadnoughts and second Repulsor Executioner. The 3rd squad of Assault Intercessors planted a banner in the objective close to the center. The last 5-woman squad of Wyches were wiped out by the Repulsor Executioner as well. The Primaris Chaplain disembarked, charged in and killed another couple of Reavers. They did some damage to the Repulsor Executioner before failing morale and fleeing. Nice.

My opponent had 5 for primary, and then he had all his Wyches and Incubi charge into my Repulsor Executioner and Redemptor Dreadnought, and despite all the hits and wound rolls, he brought my Repulsor Executioner down to 4 wounds and my Redemptor Dreadnought down to 7. Heh. The Succubus and Lelith charged into my Primaris Chaplain and the Succubus killed him. My Redemptor Dreadnought killed 2 Incubi in counteroffensive before taking those 5 wounds, but...yeah. My melee sucked when compared to the Drukhari.

My Sword Brethren disembarked, as did my Bladeguard Veterans, who then planted a banner on an objective on my opponent's side of the table. The Redemptor Dreadnought brought 1 Raider down to 1 or 2 wounds while my Repulsor Executioner destroyed the other Raider while doing 3 wounds to the Venom with the multimelta. He also wiped out the 8 Kabalite Warriors with his other weapons (2 had died earlier when they got out of the destroyed Ravager). Meanwhile the wounded Repulsor Executioner destroyed a Venom and killed 7 Wyches when shooting into them. The Redemptor Dreadnought killed another 2 Incubi with shooting, but failed to finish off the last one in melee. Like I said, Black Templars aren't as good in melee as Drukhari, but my shooting was amazing. My Black Templars were literally shooting the Drukhari off the table. The Sword Brethren fired the pyrepistols, plasma pistol and heavy bolt pistol at Lelith, but took like 3 wounds off her despite the sheer volume of her shots, the Character making her 4++ invulnerable saves. Unfortunately for her, the 5 Assault Intercessors killed her with 4 shots from their heavy bolt pistols, with her failing 2 saves. I didn't even need to fire the Sergeant's plasma pistol, heh. That got me 5 points for Bathe your blade in the blood of your foe because I didn't kill her in melee, and didn't kill her with the Emperor's Champion, but that was fine.

The Marshal killed the Beastmaster with his auto-flamer. My Sword Brethren then charged in and killed the Succubus in combat. My Marshal and Redemptor Dreadnought charged in to kill like 1 Incubi (uh, that was bad rolling on my part). The Incubi fought back and killed my Primaris Marshal. Wow, what a fail on his part. Ouch. The Wyches attacked again, only for my damaged Repulsor Executioner to tank everything like a boss. By the end of the fight phase, he had like 2 wounds left. Heh. That was hilarious. My opponent literally threw everything he had at the Toughness 8 grav-tank, and he survived. I don't know what to say. I think the Wyches failed morale and 1 ran away, so there was one left. I'll take that. The full squad of Wyches, on the other hand, attacked my Redemptor Dreadought and brought him down to 4 wounds. Ouch.

My opponent had 10 points for primary while I had 15 again (and I had 3 for Banners, bringing me to 5, and 7 for Oaths of Moment, going up to 11). He decided to call it. He probably would have killed my wounded Redemptor Dreadnought and Repulsor Executioner who had 2 wounds left, to be honest. Let's be serious, there's no way my Repulsor Executioner can survive another round of combat with just 2 wounds left. I lost 2 Characters and would probably lose 2 vehicles, but I still had another Redemptor Dreadnought and Repulsor Executioner, both at full health. On the other hand, he had a wounded Venom with 3 wounds left, a Raider with 1 wound, 1 Wych, 10 Wyches, and about 5 Incubi total, not counting the 5 Kabalite Warriors hiding in the building to get him an objective. Even if he somehow killed my vehicles, I would simply wipe out the Wyches and Incubi with the sheer number of shots I had from my Repulsor Executioner. And they would find it extremely hard to grind down my second Redemptor Dreadnought while I slowly cut them down with his weapons in shooting (stormbolters and a heavy flamer). So yeah. I was ahead on primary and secondary objecctives, while he had like 6, going to 8 for Herd the Prey, 2 for Retrieve Octarius Data (and he had nothing else to retrieve the data with because his 5 Kabalite Warriors already did it in their corner, and if they step out, they would get wiped by the Repulsor Executioner), and...0 for No Prisoners. He killed 2 Characters and probably 2 Vehicles (though that remains to be seen), but no infantry.

In contrast, I already had 30 for primary to his 15, 21 to his 10. He had not very many models left on the table while I had enough units to pull ahead in primary for the next two turns while shooting his ever decreasing infantry with my remaining tank and Dreadnought. It would be a tough fight for him, and so he conceded.

A victory for the Black Templars again! Too bad this didn't happen in the RTT, but I guess it's fine. We had fun, and that's the most important thing! However, for now I have to hunker down because there's a tornado warning in the Twin Cities. Praying to the God-Emperor that I don't get hit by a tornado and get blown away, but...you'll never know. I hope I didn't use up all my luck for this game, only to get killed by a storm. Oh, well...it is what it is, I guess. Stay safe, everyone in Minnesota! Watch out for strong winds and the tornado (hopefully there won't be one)!

No comments:

Post a Comment