About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Black Templars and Imperial Guard


I finally finished painting my Black Templars and several of my Imperial Guard. I had a bunch of new Sentinels, so I painted two of them. While painting the Armored Setinels, I also decided to add a new paint scheme to my Leman Russ Executioner tanks. It ain't Imperial Guard without Castellan Green, after all, and the black paint scheme was a bit too plain, so I decided to add a bit of green to color things up.


As for the Black Templars, I was experimenting with the new Contrast paints. Needless to say...I screwed up. I have no idea how to use Contrast paints - they are so watery. They look a bit drab and diluted, despite my best efforts to coat layer upon layers. Oh, well. So much for using Black Templar Black for Black Templars. In any event, I did my best. I couldn't even paint the Templar Crosses properly, ugh. I have no idea how they do it.




In any event, I now have a small Black Templars force to go along with my Imperial Guard Crusade (or Imperial Knights, depending). The only thing I have left is the infantry squad for my Imperial Guard. Not only that, I'll probably grab myself a Gladiator Lancer tank for my Black Templars (because I love tanks). We'll see. I don't know if I'll add Relic Terminators or make this an all Primaris force, but as October draws closer, I'll take my time to decide.


Black Templars! CHARGE! Why Black Templars? Well...because I've recently been reading the Beast Arises series, along with Black Legion, and Sigismund's stories from the Horus Heresy. So I kind of decided to go with them because I like their Knight scheme and the way they just charge into combat. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment