About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, October 30, 2017

Synapse, Shadow of the Warp and stuff!

Wow! Warhammer Community has released a preview on Tyranids (I know I'm late to the party, I just got back from college), and they look absolutely terrifying! Especially for my poor Guardsmen (huh, wonder how that's going to work against my Imperial Knights, though).



Okay, so we already know we have seven Hive Fleet Adaptations. What else do the new Tyranids bring to the table?



Oh gosh, that looks absolutely terrifying. Gulp. Apparently, the updated terrifying Tyranids are more manoeuvrable, more dangerous to enemy psykers (my Primaris Psykers!)  and even more resilient to morale tests. Just look at this.





Wait, what?! And they nerfed our Commissars to the ground? Are you kidding me? That said, I doubt any of the Tyranid dudes are as cheap as our Conscripts, so...

Anyway, that's quite the 50% increase in range, Shadow in Warp extending from 12" to 18" and Synapse from 8" to 12". Not bad. That's pretty sweet, and it'll be easier for you Tyranid players to keep your bugs in Synapse range now. Damn it, and they went and nerfed the Commissar. Sigh.



Oh, and they changed Instinctive Behavior, which only allowed your Tyranids to shoot and charge at the closest unit before. If they weren't within 24" of a Synapse unit, that is.



Awesome. Now it's just deduct 1 or 2 from your rolls. That still gives me the strategic advantage if I aim and kill your Synapse units first, but doesn't turn it into an auto-loss for you guys. But 24"...holy Terra, that is a lot!



I feel like building a Nidzilla army now. Oh well.

Anyway, we'll be looking at the Hive Fleet Adaptations tomorrow. All seven of them in one day. That's correct. Well, I know I'm missing out on spoilers because people have already leaked what all the seven Hive Fleet Adaptations are, but well...I'm going to just stick with Warhammer Community so that I have something to update my blog daily. Anyway, see you tomorrow, and I'll go prepare my Guardsmen to face the terrifying Tyranid armies!

No comments:

Post a Comment