About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Vostroyan Ranges!

Today Warhammer Community has put up the preview for the Vostroyan First-born (incidentally the regiment I'm reading about in the novel Commissar), and my, oh my. This is insane.



No kidding. Just look at what they have for their Doctrine. No, seriously. Just frakking look at it.



This is huge. God-Emperor, this is frakking huge. Thank you, Emperor, for answering our prayers. Think about it. This is just insane. Our lasguns and plasma guns just turned into bloody 30" weapons. You heard that right. Lasguns and plasma guns. What the...

It isn't just infantry, though. Every freaking weapon on the Leman Russ bar heavy flamers have just gotten a 6" boost to their range. While this isn't much of a difference to a main battle tank or Leman Russ Vanquisher who already have an enormous 72" range, it makes a huge difference for my Leman Russ Punisher and Leman Russ Executioner tanks, turning the Punisher Gatling cannon into 30" and the executioner plasma cannon and plasma cannons into 42". That 6" makes a lot of difference, I can assure you. Oh, and the heavy bolters on my Leman Russ Punisher tanks? 42" as well. Jeez, what the heck? Combine it with the turret ability that allows them to shoot the Punisher Gatling cannon twice, that's 40 Strength 5 shots at 30" range. Holy Throne...



I don't use heavy weapon squads so I ain't gonna talk about them. On the other hand, I should talk about the Vostroyan order, which isn't bad.



Basically we get to shoot in the shooting phase even if we're locked in combat. Pretty nice for my Guardsmen with special weapons, like my heavy flamer and flamer command squad, or plasma gun command squad. I mean my flamer guys can double as plasma gunners since I glued plasma guns to their flamers. Heh. And they get 30" range now. 2 shots at 15". That's insane, isn't it? 30" range for plasma guns that can overcharge and re-roll ones with orders. That will be painful. HA HA HA HA HA!



I like Sentinels, and it's cool that every weapon they have other than the heavy flamer benefits from this. Well, if you want to run heavy flamer Sentinels, you have the Catachans for that. Hellhounds and heavy flamer Sentinels benefit from the Catachans' re-roll D6 shots a lot. On the other hand, if you're packing heavy bolters, lascannons, plasma cannons and missile launchers, the added 6" range from the Vostroyans will be awesome for you (or us, since I'm considering using this Doctrine).



Scout Sentinels can move 9" at the start of their game, even before the movement phase, so that's an additional 9" range for you, or for you to get closer by 9". And since you don't want to suffer penalties for moving when firing a heavy weapon, just take the 9" and add it to the extra 6" for an effective total of 51" range. Or something.



Not sure how this works against enemies "hiding" on the table, because it seems more like a Stratagem for capturing Objectives rather than hunting them down, but Warhammer Community has a tendency to exaggerate.

Anyway, this is a serious contender for my armored company, particularly since my Leman Russ Punishers (and maybe Executioners) need that extra 6" range, and my plasma Veterans or Command Squad can just go to town with 30" plasma guns!

I can't wait for tomorrow's preview, which features my beloved Valhallan Ice Warriors! Thanks to Ciaphas Cain, I always have a soft spot for the Valhallans, and they were like my first ever favorite army before the Cadians. I hope they get a cool regimental doctrine as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment