About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, August 21, 2017

Belisarius Cawl

I finally managed to assemble Belisarius Cawl today!

As you probably already know, I bought the Triumvirate of the Imperium earlier this year (January, to be exact), and now I finally had the chance to open the box and assemble Belisarius Cawl. I went to Dreamers Vault, bought the cutters and Citadel glue there, and began assembling it. In the end, I used a friend's glue because apparently Citadel glue melts plastics and isn't good for my models. I didn't really mind, so I used Citadel glue after my friend went home.

In any case, I have Belisarius Cawl. I sold the sprues for Celestine and Greyfax because I don't need them. I'm an Adeptus Mechanicus guy. Belisarius Cawl is good enough for me. Now I can run a 2,000-point Adeptus Mechanicus army with a Battalion Detachment and a Spearhead Detachment, or I can swap out 3 Onager Dunecrawlers and 1 Tech-priest Dominus for an Imperial Knight, depending on what I want.

I was supposed to play against that friend with Tau, but unfortunately I spent too much time assembling Belisarius Cawl that he left before we could play. He had work early tomorrow, so he had to leave early. In the end I just had a random 3-way battle. One opponent had a Vanguard Detachment of Dreadnaughts and a Techmarine, a Spearhead Detachment of a Tech-priest Dominus and 3 Onager Dunecrawlers, and a single Knight Errant. The other opponent had Ghazghul Trakka (or however you spell it), a Painboy, a couple of Warbosses, 2 squads of 30 Boyz, 1 squad of 20 Boyz, 9 Burna Boyz, 2 squads of 10 Nobs, a squad of 10 Tankbustas, and a Gorkanaut.

I just brough my usual 3 Imperial Knights and 3 Onager Dunecrawlers with neutron lasers and a Tech-priest Dominus.

Well, we only played one turn, I fluffed all my shots and didn't deal much damage. My opponents just went at each other because they deployed pretty close, and let's be honest, the Dreadnaughts were more of a threat to the Orks and vice versa than my Knights. My Knight Errant took heavy damage and was left with less than half his wounds. Ouch. My other Knights also took a few damage here and there, but they were still standing strong by the end of turn 1. I killed about 15 Boyz, and damaged an Onager Dunecrawler and the Gorkanaut, but that's about it. The other guy killed another 9 Boyz and damaged the Gorkanaut further, and yeah, that's how my Knight Errant went down to half his health. It's thanks to the Onager Dunecrawlers' neutron lasers and the Dreadnaughts' twin lascannons. The Orks then shaved off some health from my Knight Warden and Knight Paladin, but he killed the other guy's Techmarine who's the Warlord, destroyed one Dreadnaught, did about 9 wounds to the other guy's Knight Errant, damaged an Onager Dunecrawler and another Dreadnaught severely, and yeah. Who says Orks aren't strong? They are very strong this edition!

But then we never got to turn 2 because time was up and the store had to close. Oh well. That sucks. I saw another game where someone brought a Shadowsword, an Imperial Guard army and Primaris Marines allies. He fought against 4 Imperial Knights and Space Wolves. Man, I wish I joined the game. Oh well.

Lots of great stuff here, I look forward to playing more games. Maybe I'll get to play my Tau friend on Saturday. I'll keep you guys posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment