About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, August 15, 2016

Freeblade Chapter 6

Yes, I know. I know it is a stupid title, but I thought it was fitting because it is about a boarding mission.

That's why Chapter 6 of Freeblade is titled Too bored to board. Sorry, I can't help it. I like puns.

Anyway, this should wrap up the naval battle as well as describe the boarding action the Kamikaze Troopers and the Imperial Knight took aboard a Chaos Despoiler class battleship. It probably isn't accurate (I mean, seriously? A ship's corridors being wide enough for Taurox Primes and an Imperial Knight to stomp through?) but it was fun as hell to write and provided some much-needed character depth and development. I hope. I don't know. Anyway, it was...fun. Yeah.



I hope the naval battle was fun too. I read too many Star Carrier series by Ian Douglas. Yes, I am a huge fan of Ian Douglas (William H. Keith, Jr.), and have read almost all his military sci-fi series, including the Galactic Marines series - which consist of the Heritage Trilogy, the Legacy Trilogy and the Inheritance Trilogy - and Star Carrier series as well as Star Corpsman. I'm now just waiting for Andromeda Dark. Yes, if you're a huge fan of military sci-fi and space marines (and since you're reading a blog on Warhammer 40K there is a high chance that you are), I highly recommend his books.

Oh, and the naval battle that took place in Cadian Blood also helped. I mean, that was one badass captain and his Dominator cruiser! I wish they destroyed Terminus Est with their nova cannon, though. What a waste, but it was awesome.

Anyway, being an amateur writer, it's a given that I'll fail to emulate either of them, but I do hope you enjoy Freeblade nonetheless.

For the Emperor!

No comments:

Post a Comment