About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, July 4, 2016

Final Vendetta gunship done!

Sorry, I know this took a while, but I've finally finished building my final Vendetta gunship. My 3rd one, to be precise, and also the last model I'll ever build in Singapore.

After all, I've to leave for America soon, so there's little point in me buying new models. I can't bring them along with me to Minnesota.

Anyway, in addition to fixing up my third Vendetta, I've painted all my unpainted models black. Spray painted them with Abbadon Black, to be exact. So now they're all black. Black is the new cool! According to the fluff, the Kamikaze Troopers, regular Imperial Guardsmen and Draconian tanks are all black in order to blend well with night fighting. They strike at night, taking advantage of the darkness as cover, and their black uniforms and tanks allow them to camouflage themselves within the shadows. So it's not only because it's cool, ha ha.

Anyway, here's the pictures.

Black Imperial Guard army!
I basically have 25 Kamikaze Troopers, a Leman Russ Vanquisher, a Leman Russ Main Battle Tank (both of them command variants), 2 Tech-priest Enginseers, 2 Taurox Prime APCs (1 with missile launcher and autocannons, the other with Gatling cannon and hot-shot volley gun) and a Commissar.

And yes, Mr. Wayne, they come in black.

Kamikaze Troopers
To round them up, other than the Commissar and the Tech-priest Enginseers, there are 2 storm trooper command squads - one with 4 hot-shot volley guns and the other with 4 plasma guns. They are followed by a 5-men squad and a 10-men squad, each equipped with 2 meltaguns. The usual fluff has them ride in Vendetta gunships and occasionally the Taurox Prime - the 10-men squad taking the latter because they can't fit into a Vendetta gunship.

3rd Vendetta
This is my 3rd Vendetta. It has taken a while, but I've finally finished building it. Now I can run my Emperor's Spear Aerial Company. 3 squads of 5-men Kamikaze Trooper squads holed up inside each gunship, ready for grav-chute insertion!

Arnored Offensive
And what will the Draconian Armored Defense Force be without their heavy armor? Nothing! That's right! Hence, my convoy of armored vehicles. The Taurox Prime APCs are dedicated transports for the Kamikaze Troopers, so no surprise there, but the 3 tanks are meant for the Emperor's Fist Armred Company.

Now all I need ot to test them out in a game!

No comments:

Post a Comment