About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Not good

I've always been a big fan of Warhammer 40K, having been introduced to the universe via Ciaphas Cain. Yeah, I first heard about it from Dawn of War, and while I always wanted to play those games, I never had a chance to. I should buy them on Steam, but the games are so old and oudated I'm not sure I want to.

Dawn of War II doesn't appeal to me. I don't like squad based, tactical styled RTS. I prefer the first Dawn of War. I'll just wait for Dawn of War III.

Speaking of which, I'm kind of surprised that the Imperial Knight character is Lady Solaria. In the lore, only men can be Knights. I'm not being a misogynist, and I'm all for women being able to pilot Knights, but I'm surprised they didn't follow the lore. I wonder if there's a reason for that, or if there exists an all-women Knightly House. If there is, cool. I just want consistency. I mean, in the Codex, and in Graham McNeill's Knights of the Imperium, it's clearly stated that only men pilot the Knights, and women are forbidden (yeah, the universe itself is...misogynistic) to do so, given Baron Roland's reaction when he found out the true identity of the Freeblade. So how is it that we suddenly have a Lady Solaria piloting a Knight to fight alongside the Blood Ravens?

And what happened to the red Knights in the Dawn of War III trailer? I was looking forward to the details of that house.

I suspect Lady Solaria is a Freeblade...but that makes no sense. She wouldn't be a Lady then. Much like how Barons and Lords are titles of Knights - look at Baron Roland! - why would a Freeblade retain the title of Lady? In any case, I'll look forward to the lore. Yay. It'll be fun if the Adeptus Mechanicus gets its own army in the game...eventually, but I won't hold my breath on it.

Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to the Steam sales to get a cheaper copy of Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. I'm also waiting for more details on Space Hulk: Deathwing, but Inquisitor: Martyr doesn't appeal to me. I don't like RPGs or Moba-styled games or hack-and-slash games. Was never a fan of Diablo and the other hack-and-slash RPGs. I mean, I would have been hooked onto Technomancer if it wasn't RPG but a shooter. But it's not a shooter, so the only game I get to play on Mars is Doom. Yay. Speaking of which, there was a debate on Social Media whether Doomguy can kick the Space Marines' asses. I'll have to say it depends on which Space Marine you're talking about. If it's Kaldor Draigo, then...oh well, his Mary Sue-ness will overwhelm Doomguy. Maybe. I dunno.

Aside from that, I've a bit of bad news. As I'm going to America to study, I'll have to sell off my physical Warhammer 40K army. I'm kind of sad, and I love my army, but I don't know when I'll be back and if I'll be able to buy my models back. By that time, I might as well buy a whole new Adeptus Mechanicus army. Sigh.

We'll see. But this blog will probably go into hibernation the moment I get to Minnesota. Unless I'm somehow able to get funds for building my army - and I won't, I need to study - I don't think I'll be able to do much there. Instead, I'll focus on procuring Black Library novels, writing book reviews and stuff. And maybe do some gaming, like for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. Or something. We shall see.

Speaking of which, I need to get to writing a review for World Engine by Ben Counter. It was awesome. As expected of Ben Counter! I mean, I read his Grey Knights Omnibus and actually like it, and this is from a guy who doesn't like most Space Marine novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment