About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Friday, January 22, 2016

Space Hulk: Deathwing

Speaking of Warhammer 40K computer games (I know I mentioned Battlefleet Gothic: Armada before), there's been another game I am tracking. It's Space Hulk: Deathwing, which is a co-op shooter that puts you in the shoes of a Deathwing Librarian leading a squad of Terminators to fight genestealers aboard a Space Hulk.

For more than 6 months I thought the developers quit and the project went dead - you know, in games there's always this thing called development hell, cancellation, etc. After a bunch of screenshots in June last year, the developers fell silent. There was no news, no updates, no post, no comment, absolultely nothing. I got worried, because to be honest I was looking forward to this game more than Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. My favorite genre is still shooter games (speaking of which, I should write a post on Doom, which is slated for a release in Spring this year), I like shooting a lot more than strategy games, so it pained me when I realized Space Hulk: Deathwing was in danger of being scrapped.

And lo and behold...they came and pasted a bunch of screenshots in their Facebook page and website today. You can check out their Facebook page here, or go over to their main wesbite/forum to check out the mammoth environments. Let's see if I can paste their screenshots here.

Image
Um, wow?
Image
That's huge, all right.
Image
This must be the Adeptus Mechanicus ship they're talking about.
Image
Black Templar, maybe?

Description:

Space Hulk: Deathwing, the first-person shooter by Streum On Studio set in Games Workshop's famous Warhammer 40,000 universe, showcases a few of its mammoth ship interiors with a batch of atmospheric new screenshots. 

From a large battle-barge belonging to the Black Templars, to a vessel from the Adeptus Mechanicus, explore and fight inside huge derelict Warhammer 40,000 vessels, oozing with atmosphere and authenticity. You play as a Librarian accompanied by a Terminator squad - either cooperatively with friends, or in solo - fending off Genestealer advances and recovering ancient relics in the mangled ships and asteroids composing the Space Hulk, drifting along the currents of the Warp. 


The game features a full story campaign, and all of the weapons from the Space Hulk board game (including the famous Storm Bolter, Assault Cannon, Lightning Claws, and Thunder Hammer). Wielding these relics of war you will fight through the cargo bays of the Adeptus Mechanicus, ancient chapels of a Black Templar warship, and the gigantic engine rooms of derelict ships. 

Space Hulk: Deathwing releases in 2016. 

I can't wait! What about you guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment