About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, December 28, 2014

And so I went ahead and bought an army.

As the title said, I went ahead and bought an army. I somehow, upon receiving advice from the staff in Battle Bunker at Funan IT Mall, ended up going the Unbounded route. In other words, I won't be able to claim objectives the moment my opponent claims them. That's okay. Apparently, the reason why I went unbounded wasn't to secure objectives. It was to clear the table of my opponents, wipe them out completely with heavy firepower.

And so I ended up going down the Tau route with an Imperial Knight army. One of the staff tried to dissuade me from buying and building an Imperial Knight, but I would not be dissuaded. I had decided to buy an Imperial Knight ever since I wanted to play the tabletop game, and NOTHING will stop me from buying one. FOR THE EMPEROR!

However, after much advice and thinking, I ended up going for the Tau as allies instead of the Imperial Guard. For one good reason, the Tau has superior firepower, and I'm not very interesting in building troops of infantry to be cannon fodder for my Imperial Knight. The Knight is the tank, he's going to charge in front and take the hits while my Tau allies stay behind and shoot from afar. As such, I ended up going down the Tau route instead. And apparently Singapore only plays 2000 points, not 1850 points, so I've 150 more points worth of army to add.

And by going unbounded, I couldn't care less and can add whatever I want instead of worrying about Force Organization Chart, compulsory HQ and troops. I'll just go with my Imperial Knight army! Or something. With that, I present to you my Imperial Knight-Tau army. By the way, I've already bought the Imperial Knight, a Hammerhead gunship, a Riptide Battlesuit and a single Broadside Battlesuit. I'll build them sometime around this week or next week. Must return to the shop and start building and painting them. I've already decided the color - they'll be black and gold. Mostly. I was thinking something like Kamen Rider Gold.

Oh yeah, what sent me down this route was the advice I was given. Select a theme and build your army around it. My theme was giant robots. So I decided to build an army of giant robots, and the Tau was perfect for that. YAY. I don't like the Tau aliens, but the Tau do have humans inside them. So these renegade humans turned renegade against the Tau. No, they didn't. According to my narrative, an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor requistioned some elite troops to help her steal Tau technology and battlesuits. Among these troopers is a guy named Joe Jacobs, also known as the Joker for his unpredictablity is matched only by his twisted sense of humor. He turns out to be the squad's only hope, but will he succeed in stealing the Tau's battlesuits, or will he fall flat like most of his jokes?

No comments:

Post a Comment