About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Tzaangors in Thousand Sons

I've to admit, I'm quite taken with the Tzaangors in the Thousand Sons ever since the announcement yesterday that we'll be getting Disciples of Tzeentch ported over to Thousand Sons in Warhammer 40,000. I didn't like them before because I didn't think they have any synergy with the Rubric Marines or Scarab Occult Terminators. They were like cannon fodder...just brought along to die or something.

On the other hand, I had always been interested in Disciples of Tzeentch because...well, any Thousand Sons player would be interested in Tzeentch. However, I was kind of sad that it was only for Warhammer: Age of Sigmar, and I'm not that intereted in fantasy.

However, now we get Tzaangors ported over from Disciples of Tzeentch to Thousand Sons! I think this is really cool. Not because I'm junping on the mutant bandwagon but because of the potential synergies and variety of Tzaangors that we might get, as opposed as just fielding a cannon fodder unit to screen my Rubric Marines (which seems boring to me). In contrasst, if I can synergize my Tzaangors and pull cool stuff off with them, then I'll be happy to get them. So what do we get?

First is the Tzaangor Shaman. He's a psyker, I bet, with a disc, and good melee stuff. But what you want him for is that whenever you kill an enemy model, you may add an extra Tzaangor to a nearby Tzaangor unit with his psychic power. At least for fantasy, anyway. I don't know how it'll change for Thousand Sons, but I bet it's something similar.

Next is Tzaangor Enlightened who are Elite Tzaangors that can take a disc, are powerful melee combatants and can re-roll hit and wound rolls if an enemy unit within 3" has already attacked them.

Then you have Tzaangor Skyfires who are ranged elite or Fast Attack Tzaangors that can also take a disc and fly around shooting stuff. It looks like they'll be anti-tank units? I'm not sure. But they seem to have the sniper rule that does mortal wounds on rolls of 6s.

Finally, we have the Mutalith Vortex that can heal 1D3 wounds every turn, is a giant big monster, and gives a debuff aura to...well, debuff your foes. I'm not sure how it'll translate into Warhammer 40,000, but the fantasy version has you roll a dice and debuff or inflict mortal wounds on a unit 15" away every turn. On a 1, the unit gets -1 Leadership for the rest of the battle. On a 2, the unit has to roll a D6 every turn and if they roll a 1, they can't move, shoot, charge or cast psychic spells until their next turn. And this lasts the whole game. On a 3, they get -1 to their movement for the rest of the battle. On a 4, D3 mortal wounds (yay!). On a 5, D6 mortal wounds (even more yay!). On a 6, D6 mortal wounds AND each unit that is slain will produce a Chaos Spawn. Well...not that I'll have any reinforcement points set aside for it...so...

Anyway, these are the units we know we'll be getting. I don't know if we'll be getting any new units like a psychic Helbrute/Dreadnought, maybe psychic Cultists/Acolytes, and other stuff that can be easily converted from existing kits, but fingers crossed, Tzeentch might have something planned for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment