About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Friday, May 5, 2017

Battle-forged Armies

Hello again, everybody! Today, Warhammer Community has featured a new post on Battle-forged Armies! Let's take a look at what they have.




First news: We no longer have Formations. Oh boy...now this sucks for me, because with the exception of my Imperial Knight Baronial Court, all my armies actually use Formations. Those very familiar with my armies (which probably is nobody) should know by now that my Imperial Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus armies compose solely of Formations. My Draconian Armored Force uses the Cadian Battle Group (which I affectionately nicknamed Draconian Battle Group), and the core of my army is the Emperor's Fist Armored Company, supported by either the Emperor's Spear Aerial Company, a Militarum Tempestus platoon (bloody hell, just call them storm troopers), or a Super-heavy Support Element in the form of a Stormsword. And my Adeptus Mechanicus army comprises solely of the Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation from that White Dwarf issue so long ago (I have yet to try the Adeptus Mechanicus Grand Convocation, sorry). With Formations gone, I'm pretty much screwed.

Not so, says Warhammer Community, who promises that I will be fine because they have a dozen new Battle-forged Detachments that are available to all factions. Apparently. So I am not forced into a Combined Arms Detachment, but I don't know if I'll benefit if I'm still forced to take Troops. I only have a couple of Veteran squads and lots of tanks, after all. I hope there's one Detachment that's all Heavy Support and no Troops, then I can field my squadrons of Leman Russ tanks and throw in some Psykers as an aside. Oh well.

Oh, right. And Flyers now have their own slot. So my Vendetta gunships will not be slugging out with, say, Sentinels or other Fast Attack options. Not that I've any other Fast Attack options other than Vendetta gunships. Hmm...




Depending on the Detachment you choose, you might be forced to take more Troops, for example, but in return you get Command Points. Yay. They featured a few Detachments such as Patrol Detachment, Battalion Detachment and Brigade Detachment. The more stuff you're forced to take, the more Command Points you get. Sounds good to me, as it will even the playing field against someone like me who spams nothing but tanks. What troubles me is that these Detachments do not have Lords of War or Fortifications? So I can't take Baneblades (or Stormswords) in these Detachments? Weird.



I also wonder if Imperial Knights can be taken as Lords of War in any Imperium faction, but who knows? We shall see. It'll be fun if I can take various stuff from Armies of the Imperium in a single detachment. For example, Tech-priests Dominus for HQ, Skitarii soldiers for Troops, Psykers for HQ/Elites, Leman Russ tanks for Heavy Support, Vendetta gunships for Flyers and an Imperial Knight for Lord of War. I mean, that's actually pretty fluffy if you ask me.

And one last thing. It looks like Battle-forged armies can be played with or without points. I wonder what's the point of points, but I'm sure the veterans can give a few pointers on points. Competitive play will have extra rules and restrictions, so this sounds good. I wonder if I can spam Leman Russ tanks and Imperial Knights now that I don't have to worry about points. Then again, my opponent might not be too happy about it, so...oh well. Never mind.



Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted when Warhammer Community releases more news regarding 8th Edition tomorrow. The Emperor protects!

No comments:

Post a Comment