About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, June 29, 2024

Knight Joust

I attended a Knight Joust today, organized at Dreamers Vault, Minneapolis! It was a really fun event! I brought my Cerastus Knight Lancer - by now, you guys should be familiar with Sir Kanda, ha ha. The Mechanicus Knight House of Kanda!

There was a Bloodthirster, a Lord of Change, a Questoris Knight Preceptor and 2 Knight Desecrators as well. We split into two teams of 3, and I ended up fighting alongside a Lord of Change and a Knight Desecrator. My Knight Lancer basically ran around the table, hiding behind buildings to evade the opposing Knight Desecrator's laser destructor - a painful lesson learned from the previous Knight Joust, but I eventually got into combat with him and...uh, killed him twice. Heh.


I also slew the Bloodthirster, who killed my Knight Desecrator teammate twice while suffering one death. The Knight Preceptor and Lord of Change had to engage each other after being teleported across the table, killing each other once before the Lord of Change died for good. Oh, to provide context, in a Knight Joust, each model is given a single resurrection token - so if you die once, you get to revive your Knight! But we only have two lives each, so if you die a second time, it's game over!


Though I tried to charge toward the surviving Knight Preceptor, my Knight Lancer got shot off the board, and died a second time (the first was the Laser Destructor). Whoops.


That said, being the last member of my team to survive, I was able to join the next round with the winning team. This time, we split into Imperium versus Chaos, with the Knight Desecrator and Lord of Change on one side, and me and the Knight Preceptor on the other.


The poor Lord of Change got skewered by my Knight Lancer twice, before I charged down the Knight Desecrator - who was cornered by me and my Knight Preceptor ally - and also destroyed him twice.


That meant the Knight Preceptor and my Knight Lancer made it to the final round!


Despite getting into close combat relatively early, I rolled a bunch of 1s and 2s...and promptly got hacked down by the Knight Preceptor's reaper chainsword. So I finished in second place. Hah! Well, that's totally fine. I didn't think I would get this far in the first place. And though it was a disappointing end, I did kill the Lord of Change and Knight Desecrator several times over, so my luck would run out eventually! And I got to play my Knight, so that's all that matters!


Good job, Sir Kanda! You did great! All right, we got wrecked by the Knight Preceptor, but hey, fellow Imperials. I don't mind losing to another Imperial. It means the Imperium remains safe! I think...


Anyway, got to work on the Crusade narrative - I'll publish those tomorrow, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment