About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Liber Mechanicum stuff

Warhammer Community has posted an article giving us a look into what we can expect from Liber Mechanicum.

Apparently, we have seven High Techno-Arcana, which provides different rules and discipline. Cybernetica, for example, which is definitely the one I'm going for because I run Legio Cybernetica, makes your Castellax battle-automata Line.


Cool, right? Also worsens cover saves, so cool. Anyway, we also have the Myrmidax, which transforms a single Thanatar siege-automata (must be the Calix one) into a HQ and turns Myrmidons into Troops and Elites. Oh, and if they're within 6" of the Thanatar-Calix, they gain Line. Huh...


The most important thing for me, though, is the Knight detachment. I was wondering how they'll let us take Knight units, but apparently...we have to take lots of Armigers now.


Our Troops are Armigers, so yeah, we need to take two Armigers for every Questoris, Cerastus, Dominus or Acastus Knight. I don't know how to feel about this, but...yeah, I don't know if I like this. I think Armigers are Line, and Knight Moirax counts as Armigers (I hope), but we shall see.

In any event, it seems that we are supposed to have more options for Knights, making them a more attractive army than ever, but getting gutted with being forced to take two Armigers for every Super-heavy Knight seems a lot more restrictive than having more options. In fact, whatever options they give us are severely limited because we're forced to take 2 Armigers for each super-heavy Knight, and those eat up a lot of points. I'm not sure I like this, but I guess I'll have to wait for the Liber Mechanicum book to come out before I can conclude anything.

For example, it is entirely possible that you have the option to take one of your super-heavy Knights as a Troops choice (Questoris, most likely). Much like the Rites of War or customizable rules - you know, maybe one or two Questoris (or super-heavy or Cerastus) Knight can be taken as non-compulsory Troops or non-Line Troops. We shall see. Let's not panic...yet.

Anyway, we'll see. Ave Omnissiah!

No comments:

Post a Comment