About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Nine Cults of the Thousand Sons

Merry Christmas, everybody! Here's a Warhammer Community article to celebrate the festive season with!



Grey Knights? Dark Angels? Nah...none of my business. I mean, I love the Grey Knights, especially since I read Ben Counter's Grey Knights omnibus, and was invested in the lore way before I started the tabletop game - which was when I learned about Matt Ward and the 5th Edition Grey Knights disaster - but I don't think I'll ever build a Grey Knights army. I think. We'll see. I have no idea.

What I am more interested in, however, is my favorite Legion. The Thousand Sons Legion. Also because I read the A Thousand Sons by Graham McNeill before I played the tabletop game (though I ended up reading the Ahriman omnibus after I got into the tabletop). In any case, I don't think I'll be planning on doing much on my Thousand Sons army (especially since I sold the entire thing last year or early this year). Maybe grab a few Scarab Occult Terminators because I really, really love those models, and have a Sorcerer in Terminator Armor lead them, much like Ignis. Master of Ruin, who leads the Order of Ruin. Funnily enough, I have a bunch of Castellax-achea battle-automata in my Skitarii Legion, so they can just as easily serve the Thousand Sons...except that they have no rules in 40K. That sucks. Ugh. Oh well...

Actually, that will be what I shall do. Create a small Order of Ruin force, supported by battle-automata and...I don't know. I don't really want to play Daemon Engines, but we'll see. Anyway, I plan to just start off with Scarab Occult Terminators, a Sorcerer Lord in Terminator Armor, and a single Contemptor Dreadnought. I'll expand from there, or stop at there (and play Kill Team, or just ally my guys with Imperial...I mean Chaos Knights). That's probably what I will do for now.

What will Thousand Sons get from this Psychic Awakening campaign, though?

"The Thousand Sons can now dedicate their Sorcerers to one of the nine Cults of the Legion – a callback to their arcane roots on fallen Prospero – providing them with a plethora of new tactical options."

That's it? Yeah. Oh well...I guess we'll find out more when the date draws closer. Needless to say, we will not be getting any new units or new models. No Sorcerer Dreadnought/Helbrute like the Blood Angels. No Master of Possession or the Venomcrawler like in the other Legions. Just new rules. I hope the rules more than make up for their lack of stuff, and we wouldn't be treated so cavalierly and discarded to become fodder for Imperium victory. I don't like Dark Angels.

Oh. And Dark Angels will not be getting the Lion. Sorry, folks. But that's how it is...I guess. But hey, you'll be getting this instead.



Me, I might just get the Cultists for my Thousand Sons, but...I doubt it. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Nine times Merry Christmas, then ... or maybe a Prospero(us) Christmas?
    Seriously, happy holidays, Tanaka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Lord Adiatun Varunn! And yeah, toward a Prospero(us) New Year!

      Delete