About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, October 29, 2018

Deathwatch in progress, Raven Guard complete!

I managed to finish assembling my Deathwatch Kill Team today. Or yesterday, given how I'm writing on Monday morning instead of Sunday night. Sorry, I dozed off before I could finish writing this post. My bad. I have failed the Emperor.

Death Reapers (tentative - might be Death Dragons soon) army almost complete
Anyway, if you recall, on Saturday I finished assembling my "Raven Guard" Company Veterans with plasma guns and 5 Deathwatch Veterans with storm bolters. Yeah, 5 guys with storm bolters, while the Sergeant gets a combat shield. I gave all of them chainswords too because chainswords are free. Today - or rather, yesterday (Sunday), I started on my actual Deathwatch models (since the storm bolter guys are Mark III Marines that I kitbashed) and I built a Sergeant with a storm shield and a xenophase blade while giving everyone else a Deathwatch frag cannon. With the spare leftover Mark III Marine I had remaining yesterday, I decided to use the spare bits to upgrade him into a Deathwatch Veteran with an Infernus heavy bolter, because why the hell not?

Deathwatch Company

Deathwatch Veterans with Deathwatch fag cannons
After that, because I had some time remaining, I bought and built a Primaris Captain with master-crafted stalker bolt rifle. So now the only models I need for my Deathwatch army (or allies) are Intercessors, which I'll get soon. And a Corvus Blackstar. For now my "Raven Guard" Spearhead detachment is complete. They are the survivors of the Death Reapers Chapter, and have been reinforced with Primaris Marines, and half of them have decided to dedicate themselves to learning the Deathwatch tactics and allying themselves with a forge world (Draconis IV!) for Deathwatch equipment and armaments. Yay. The Intercessors, for example, are often armed with Hellfire rounds for their stalker bolt rifles, whereas the ones with vanilla bolt rifles can swap between Hellfire rounds, Vengeance rounds and Kraken bolts. The storm bolter Veterans, particularly, makes good use of Hellfire rounds. And we still have a bunch of actual Deathwatch dudes with Deathwatch frag cannons! Cool!

Deathwatch Veterans with storm bolters. Sergeant has a Xenophase blade and storm shield.
The remaining Death Reaper guys are grouped into a mechanized company with automata. That's where all the Contemptor Dreadnoughts and Deredeo Dreadnought comes in. For ranged mechanized support. I'm wondering if I should change the name from Death Reapers to Death Dragons. Or Dark Dragons. Or Death Shadows. Or Shadow Dragons. We'll see. Anyway, that's what I have for now.

The mechanized company of the Death Reapers, with all the automata

Primaris Watch Captain reinforcing the beleaguered Deathwatch Company of the decimated Death Reapers
Oh, and I already have a Primaris Captain in Gravis Armor to lead the mechanized forces. That will make him more survivable, and allow him to pack a punch in case anyone comes near my gunline.

Primaris Captain in gravis armor leading the mechanized Death Reaper Company

Full Death Reaper Battalion of 2 Companies (minus the Intercessors and Corvus Blackstar)
Finally, I'm going to kitbash more Inquisitors for my Ordo Xenos list, but I still have no idea what else to do.

Ordo Xenos Inquisitorial Army

Inquisition Supreme Command

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor with incinerator and power maul
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor with incinerator and power maul
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor with storm bolter and power sword

Inquisitorial Stormtrooper Retinue (Battalion)

Tempestor Prime with Tempestus command rod
Tempestor Prime with Tempestus command rod
Tempestor Prime with Tempestus command rod
Tempestus command squad with 4 plasma guns
Tempestus command squad with 4 plasma guns
Tempestus command squad with 4 meltaguns
5 Militarum Tempestus Scions with 2 plasma guns
5 Militarum Tempestus Scions with 2 plasma guns
10 Kasrkins
Valkyrie with multiple rocket pods, lascannon and heavy bolters

Deathwatch (Death Reapers specialized) Battalion:

Watch Captain with master-crafted boltgun and relic blade
Primaris Watch Captain with master-crafted stalker bolt rifle and power sword
5 Veterans with storm bolters and chainswords - Sergeant with combat shield
5 Veterans, Sergeant with xenophase blade and storm shield, 4 Veterans with Deathwatch frag cannons
5 Intercessors with bolt rifles and auxiliary grenade launcher, Sergeant with power sword
5 Intercessors with stalker bolt rifles and auxiliary grenade launcher, Sergeant with power sword
Corvus Blackstar with Blackstar rocket launcher, twin lascannon and auspex array

This at least gives me a Command Point instead of deducting 1 Command Point away from me. And I get 3 Psykers while at it. I am tempted to drop one Tempestus command squad for an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in Terminator armor, but after considering how this is Ordo Xenos and I want a fluffy list, I decided against it. Ugh. The other option is to swap 2 plasma guns for 2 hot-shot volley guns for one of my Inquisitorial Stormtrooper squads, and then bring in "Acolytes" - so 3 guys with a plasma gun, and a single guy with a storm bolter. Or 6 guys with storm bolters. All of them have free bolt pistols, which is better than a laspistol. Apparently. Anyway, I'll see. I have a few weeks to continue experimenting around with the Inquisition.

The Heavy Support of the Mechanized Death Reapers Company

No comments:

Post a Comment