About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Fall of Cadia, Triumvirate of the Imperium video

Warhammer TV has just released a trailer for the Triumvirate today! Go ahead and watch it. Basically the Chaos fleet has flown into orbit around Cadia and commenced their bombardment while the Triumvirate of the Imperium stands firm. You have Celestine, the Living Saint and her loyal Geminae Superia (Sisters Genevieve and Eleanor), Inquisitor Katarinya Greyfax of the Ordo Hereticus and Archmagos Belisarius Cawl who leads the Cybernetica legion (Kastelan robots!) and Skitarii (Onager Dunecrawlers!).

You can pre-order the Triumvirate of the Imperium here at the Games Workshop webstore.  The Gathering Storm Collection looks good to me too. I think I don't mind spending a bit extra to get all 3 dudes and the book, since I've given up on the Thousand Sons anyway. In addition to them you also get a deck of Empyric Storm Cards.

For those invested in the tabletop game and not just the fluff, what does Fall of Cadia bring for us? Well, we get the rules for the three dudes, Inquisitor Katarinya Greyfax, Saint Celestine and Archmagos Belisarius Cawl, their individual rules at least so that you can field them with any army of the Imperium. Or you can combine the three of them into one single formation. For us Adeptus Mechanicus fans, we get 6 new Arcana Mechanicum, essentially relics for Cult Mechanicus. Yay. As for formations, the Sisters of Battle get a Imperial Crusade Detachment where you can field Black Templars and the Adepta Sororitas in one army.

And we Adeptus Mechanicus fans get the Grand Convocation, which combines Cult Mechanicus, Skitarii and Mechanicus Knights in one army. I believe it's different from the Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation that I've been using since 2015, which is a Cult Mechanicus Battle Congregation detachment combined with a Skitarii Battle Maniple and an Imperial Knight Oathsworn detachment. That's the War Convocation while this one is called the Grand Convocation. So we get new rules. Yay! Awesome!

I'll let you guys know more when I get more information. I'll probably get the Gathering Storm Collection because my Thousand Sons project looks dead. As usual, I'll post a detailed spoiler about the fluff and an analysis of the new detachments and formations. For the Emperor! Cadia shall not fall!

Well, spoiler alert: Cadia does fall (obviously, if you've not figured that out from the title), and the Pylons apparently detonate and blow up the entire planet. Ouch. The vaunted Cadians have lost their homeworld. Makes me want to cry. I believe we defeated Abaddon the Despoiler and the Chaos fleet, though, from what I've heard they're forced to retreat. I don't know how reliable these rumors are, but I'll confirm them and let you know in the detailed spoiler eventually.

For the Emperor!

No comments:

Post a Comment