About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, April 4, 2016

Necropolis

I've just finished reading Necropolis and I must say, it was one hell of a fething ride.

Now I know why it's titled Necropolis. Vervunhive, the city they fought to save, became a necropolis in the end. Of course the Imperial Guard won, but at a huge cost. "This is what victory looks like." It was so compelling, sobering and...just dark. Ouch. I was torn apart when *massive spoiler here, skip this sentence if you don't want to be spoiled* Dorden's son died. I wished he didn't, but...feth, it was horrible.

Yeah, I talk like a Ghost now.

Anyway, I can clearly see the difference between Gaunt's Ghosts and Ciaphas Cain. Ciaphas Cain is about the amusing antics of an individual, and while it remains my favorite, it doesn't quite talk about the collective that Gaunt's Ghosts do. I like Caffran, I sympathize for Milo, I learn from Mkoll, I fight with Varl, I cheer for Daur, I admire Dorden, I have fun with Bragg, I laugh at Larkin, and I follow Corbec. I also obey Gaunt because he's such a great leader! Unlike Ciaphas, who though has Jurgen and friends to play around with, Gaunt is more about the motley crew. A group, a band of brothers, if you will, rather than a solitary hero.

Both series have their respective strengths. Yeah, I prefer Ciaphas Cain's light-hearted heroics, but Gaunt's Ghosts is sobering, somber and just outright reaches to the heart. In any case, I'm hooked and I'm looking forward to reading more omnibuses of Gaunt's Ghosts and their adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment