About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Getting Ignited over Necropolis

I'm in the midst of reading Necropolis, and I'm getting sick of all the politics and stuff that Gaunt has to face not just in this volume, but all the volumes so far. There's only so many times you can reference the bad blood between the Volpone Bluebloods and the Tanith's First and Only before it gets stale (worse, they are not the only ones, apparently the Jantine Patricians was the antagonists in the first volume, First and Only). Blah blah, they have something against the Ghosts, blah blah. Only the setting has changed.

Plus the enemy is still Chaos. At least we have the engimatic Eldar show up in Ghostmaker, but they were there more as allies than enemies, and I'm getting sick of seeing Gaunt's Ghosts fight nothing but Chaos scum. Plus the whole politics angle has been overplayed to the point of cliched. I mean, I've read dozens of sci-fi military novels, and it's always the politicians that are cast in an unfavorable light, getting in the way of the military, causing trouble, being corrupted, blah blah.

Ugh.

Maybe it's a trope, and to be fair, this was written in the late 90s, so it's a classic. Maybe back then the trope of politicians bumbling and getting into the military's way hasn't been overused...yet. But right now it has reared its ugly head far too frequently.

And Ian Douglas's Andromeda Dark series is set to be released in November. I'll pre-order it when I get to America on Bookdepository, otherwise the book will get delivered to my Singaporean home instead of my temporary residence (I hope I get a dorm room, it seems cheaper and more convenient).

In other news, I've gotten ahold of Deathwatch: Ignition and sad to say, it's a collection of short stories. Damn it, I wanted the novelization of the Deathwatch: Overkill campaign. Why can't I find the novel for that one!? Anyway, I'll write an impromptu review for it (something like this post) once I'm done reading it. I actually haven't finished reading Necropolis yet, but judging from the dwindling pages it's only a matter of time. So don't worry.

For the Emperor! For Tanith!

No comments:

Post a Comment