About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A Storm of Storm Troopers

I managed to build over half of my 25 Storm Troopers today. As of last count, 15 of them are done, and 10 are left. Oh, and don't forget, I still have the Taurox Prime APCs and 3rd Vendetta to build.

Yeah, that's right. A 3rd Vendetta. My friend, who works in Battle Bunker, has kindly helped me order the triple twin-linked lascannons (Vendetta Conversion Kit), so I might as well make use of it and build a 3rd Vendetta! Fits in with the fluff anyway, particularly because the Draconian Armored Defense Force primarily uses Vendetta gunships. That and I can take advantage of the Formation The Emperor's Spear Aerial Company. That will give me quite the aerial superiority. I hope.

Said friend will be having a match with me, about 2,000 points, on Friday. He's bringing his Space Wolves again, and this time I'm thinking of using the opportunity to bring my Cadian Battle Group (or Draconian Battle Group) to test out the new formations and the command benefits. We shall see. This means I had best assemble the remaining 10 Storm Troopers by Friday, and if possible, throw in a Taurox Prime APC. I need to shuffle my list though. Oh boy. Right now I have assembled a Storm Trooper Command Squad, and 2 normal squads, each with 1 hot-shot volley gun and 1 meltagun. Obviously I'll shuffle the special weapons into their respective squads, but yeah. That's what I have for now.

I also ordered the Miltiarum Tempestus codex so that I have more options to play with. I can already foresee me playing 1,850-point to 2,000-point games of Storm Troopers allied with either Cohort Cybernetica or Skitarii. Now that will be fun and very fluffy.

3 squads of Storm Troopers
I have no idea how I'm going to finish the rest of my forces, but I will think of something. Oh well. Good thing I only need 1 more Storm Trooper squad and probably only one Taurox Prime APC. The rest, particularly the Vendetta, I can fix up next week. The centerpiece of my Draconian / Cadian Battle Group is my Stormsword, after all.

Oh, right. Before I leave, I'll leave you with this interesting picture I found on the door in my local gaming store.

Warning: Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again.
So yeah, don't trespass. We have a First Rank, Fire! Second Rank, Fire! enhancement in the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment