About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, October 4, 2021

Ironhammer match 4

The fourth round of Ironhammer has begun, and my next opponent was an Adepta Sororitas player. That's not good. I have a history of doing badly against them, so I was already prepared to lose. That's fine, though. I'm always up for a Warhammer 40,000 game, win or lose.

I stuck to a similar list to the Imperial Knights and Ryza Skitarii that I brought the last time, only swapping the 3 squads of Vanguard, Skitarii Marshal and 2 Skorpius Duneriders for 2 Sydonian Dragoons and 2 Armigers Warglaives. Somehow I don't think that was a good idea...but hey, I tried.


The Sisters of Battle army comprised of two Orders - Bloody Rose and Valorous Heart. I think Bloody Rose had 3 squads of 10 Sacrascents (the girls with the spears and shields), 2 squads of 9 Sisters Repentia, a Repentia Superior, a Canoness and...I think that's about it. Valorous Heart had a Morven Vahl, a Dogmata, 2 squads of 20 Battle Sisters, 2 squads of Retributors wiith 4 multimeltas, 5 Celestians, and I think that's about it. Still a pretty sizable number of units, though. And very scary.


The mission is Scorched Earth. We rolled off, I managed to get first turn. Yay...I hope.

My shooting was pretty ineffective, though I did manage to kill one Retributor squad and a squads of Sacrascents. I also took out a few models of Sacrascents in another squad and a few Sisters, but they were far and few in between.

My opponent, on the other hand, came crashing through my forces, tearing through my Sydonian Dragoons with his Sisters Repentia, destroyed one Armiger Moirax with the Retributors, and then mortal wound plus stormbolter-ed and boltgun-ed one Armiger Warglaive to death. The other Armiger Warglaive was charged and destroyed by the Sacrascents. Ouch. He also killed 2 Serberys Sulphurhounds in each squad, which hurt even more. I tried to fight back as best as I could in the second turn, but I only killed the second Retributor squad, wiped out the Sisters Repentia with my Knight Castellan, and a bunch of Sacrascents (but not nearly enough). I think I managed to annihilate the third Sacrascents with my Sicarian Ruststalkers, who had walked off the board the previous turn and came from behind. Yay.

Then the second Sisters Repentia proceeded to kill the Ruststalkers, Morven Vahl killed my Knight Castellan in combat because she can fight twice (what the f?!). I...don't know what to say. My first Onager Dunecrawler wounded Morven Vahl down to 2 wounds, while the other killed the Sacrascents. My Serberys Sulphurhounds were shot off the table eventually, but I managed to kill the Sisters Repentia with my last, remaining Armiger Moirax. Not that it helped, for Morven Vahl walked in and killed both the Tech-priest Enginseer and my Onager Dunecrawler. The other one tried to fire at her and did absolutely f all (well, he did one wound to her, so that's good), only for her to destroy him in combat. I then used Machine Spirit's Revenge to do two mortal wounds to her, and she died. Yay, at least I have 4 points for Assassinate. Before that happened, though, my second squad of Ruststalkers came from behind...only to fail the charge and got shot off the board by the Battle Sisters. Anyway, with just the Armiger Moirax remaining, I was all but tabled, and I lost the game.

The final score was 100 to 49. I'm surprised I even managed to get 49 points, but...hey, I'll take what I can get. Painful defeat, but I did my best. Maybe next time I'll switch things up. I might swap the Ryza Skitarii out for Black Templars Terminators, for the sole reason because I have them painted up and sitting around doing nothing, and I want to at least try them out in a game.

Anyway, learning experience, so...yeah. Well, it is what it is...on to the next round, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment