About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Ironhammer Game 5

I played my 5th Ironhammer game today, and this time my opponent was Deathwatch. He had quite the cool list:

Deathwatch Battalion Detachment
Deathwatch Primaris Captain with some aegis that gave him a 4++ invulnerable save and 4+++ Feel No Pain against mortal wounds
Primaris Lieutenant with some aegis that gives units within 6" a 5++ invulnerable save
Techmarine Master of the Forge
5 Incursors
5 Deathwatch Veterans (I think?)
3 Proteus Kill Teams - each with 5 Deathwatch Veterans, 4 bikers and a single Vanguard Veteran with storm shield and jump pack
3 Redemptor Dreadnoughts with marco plasma incinerator
2 relic Contemptor Dreadnoughts with twin volkite culverins


With all the relics and warlord traits he crammed into his list, he had like 5 Command Points left. For some reason...well, I got lazy, to be honest, I decided to just throw together a pure Imperial Knights list even though I brought my Black Templars. Should have fielded my Black Templars, but it was late and I got lazy and I was tired anyway, so I wanted to make it a quick game.

It was a pretty quick game. Anyway, my list was my usual Mechanicus Knights list with:

Super-heavy Detachment (Mechanicus, Glorified History, Blessed Arms)
Dominus Knight Castellan with Cold Eradication and Cawl's Wrath
Questoris Knight Crusader with Ion Bulwark and Endless Fury
Questoris Knight Preceptor
2 Armiger Knights Moirax with graviton pulsars
Armiger Warglaive


Decided to give the graviton pulsars a try - they would do well particularly against Terminators and bikers (non-Primaris bikers have 3 wounds each, it seems). Anyway, the mission was Piority Target, we rolled off and my opponent went first. He had all his bikers and everyone advance, and then his 3 Redemptor Dreadnoughts and 2 Contemptor Dreadnoughts destroyed my poor Knight Preceptor. Ouch. I retaliated by destroying one Redemptor Dreadnought, killing a bunch of bikers (I think I took out like 2 squads of bikers in a single turn), wounded the other two Redemptor Dreadnoughts and that was about it. Oh, my Armiger Warglaive charged into a Veteran squad while my Knight Crusader stomped the Incursor squad, leaving just 1 guy in each squad. Damn. My opponent then destroyed my Knight Crusader in the second turn. Yikes. Fortunately, I rolled a 6 and nuked 3 bikes with 6 mortal wounds and wiped out the surviving Incursor. I think he also destroyed one Armiger Moirax Knight, and yeah. That's about it. I managed to take out both Redemptor Dreadnoughts in the second turn with my Knight Castellan, but with the surviving Armiger Knight Moirax stuck in combat with a bunch of Veterans, I couldn't do much. Also, one Veteran survived combat against my Armiger Warglaive by rolling 2 6s. Holy Terra. I finally killed him with a meltagun, but that was about it. The Contemptor Dreadnoughts then destroyed my Armiger Warglaive, leaving me with just 2 Knights. Sigh.


I eventually destroyed the two Contemptor Dreadnoughts with my Knight Castellan, but there was very little I could do. I was behind on points. I then had my Armiger Moirax fall back so that I could wipe out the Veterans and kill a squad, and then I slew his Primaris Captain with the Knight Castellan's meltaguns. It wasn't enough. Even though my opponent had only a Primaris Lieutenant and a techmarine left on the table, almost tabled, while I had my Knight Castellan still at full health and an Armiger Moirax Knight who was slowly regaining his wounds, I was too far behind on points.

Alas, I lost the game 60-78. Oh, well. It happens. Probably shouldn't have played pure Knights, but I didn't regret it. Had fun, saw my giant robots stomp about and shoot stuff on the table and almost tabled my opponent. That's fine with me. It went closer than I thought, especially since my opponent was scoring 15 for primary in the first 4 turns (not counting turn 1).

I'll try using Black Templars allies next game or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment