About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, October 24, 2021

Black Templars

Oh, right. I bought the new Black Templars Army Set because I wanted the limited edition Black Templars codex with the classic John Blanche art. Totally worth it. Also, the Marshal, Primaris Crusaders and Emperor's Champion look really rad, so I wanted them even though...well, frankly, I could use them. I only have 2 squads of Assault Intercessors, and having Primaris Crusaders finally give me the third Troops slot I need for a Battalion. Also...pyre blasters and pyre pistols. 'nuff said.

Right, not to mention that having a second Redemptor Dreadnought would be good. I didn't think I would be getting one, but since he came with the box, I'm happy with that. Can't wait to run them, especially after they wrecked my poor Knights in that last game. Ouch. I did get a second Contemptor Dreadnought, though, and he's easy to build, so I snapped him together and even magnetized his arms in under 10 minutes. I think. Didn't keep track of time, but you know how easy he is and how few parts the plastic version has. I'll be using him alongside my Terminators and other Contemptor Dreadnought, and they double as Horus Heresy Templar Brethren or Imperial Fists first company veterans.

For now, I've only assembled the infantry and the Contemptor Dreadnought. I don't have the time to assemble the Redemptor Dreadnought yet because I have graduate school stuff to do. Quite frankly, it has been an awful week for me. I was hard-pressed for time because I need to work on grant proposals, rush out a 25-page chapter draft, my prospectus and its impending presentation on Tuesday, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm half-dead at the moment, but I'll survive. Warhammer 40,000 is the only thing keeping me alive now, heh. I sort of gave up on writing because nobody reads my stories anyway, and I had a bad experience with writing websites. To be fair, it's usually my fault, I end up offending everyone I talk to. I'm quite a toxic guy, so it's best if I stay away from writing websites. That's also why I don't really use Discord - I pretty much got exiled after offending so many people with my negativity and toxic behavior. Sorry.

Anyway, I did spray paint my infantry, and when I have the time, I'll paint them. Can't wait to field them in a game. I'm going to run a Crusade campaign with the new Warzone Octarius book, but quite frankly, it's more appealing for me to run an Imperial Guard army. I have lots of tanks, and the new Cadian supplement and the stuff in the Octarius Crusade makes it a lot more thematic and narrative-focused for me to field a Spearhead Detachment of Imperial Guard tanks. I also want to experiment with the new Imperial Guard rules. We'll see. This will be fun!

Looking forward to playing Imperial Guard versus Tyranids!

No comments:

Post a Comment