About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, October 23, 2021

Adeptus Titanicus game

I managed to play an Adeptus Titancus game today, so yay. My opponent brought his usual Legio Tempestus Battle Group, which featured quite a bit of stuff. I can't remember which maniple he used, but these were his Titans and Knights:

Warlord Titan with gatling blasters, Belicosa volcano cannon and Sunfury plasma annihilator.

Reaver Titan with gatling blaster, melta cannon and turbo laser (I think?)

Warhound with inferno cannon and Vulcan mega-bolter

Warhound with plasma blastgun and turbo laser

Nemesis Warbringer Titan with Mori quake cannon, volcano cannon and gatling blaster (I think?)

Cerastus Knight banner with 1 Knight Lancer and 2 Knights Acheron

I brought my Knight Household Army because...well, I'm the Knight guy. What else do you expect me to play, if not Knights? Anyway, my list looked like this:

Imperial Knight Lance

Cerastus Knight banner with 4 Knights Lancer

Questoris Knight banner with 3 Knights Paladin with stormspear rocket pods

Questoris Knight banner with 3 Knights Errant with stormspear rocket pods

Mechanicum Knight Lance

Cerastus Knight banner with 2 Knights Atrapos

2 Questoris Knight banners with 2 Knights Styrix each

2 Acastus Knight banners with 2 Knights Porphyrion each

I gave the Acastus Knights lascannons because I literally have 50 points leftover, so might as well. Anyway, the mission was to kill the army, and you get 5 Victory points for every 25% of your opponent's army destroyed - so if you destroyed 75% of your opponent's army, you get like 15 victory points.

Anyway, I managed to seize the initiative and...the game begins! I activated the plasma mines and blew up 2 of the Knights Acheron in my opponent's Knight banner (heh). I lost quite a lot of Knights Lancer to my opponent's shooting, and I think a Knight Atrapos, while I didn't do much. I think I managed to bring down the shields of the Reaver Titan and one of the Warhound through shooting from the Mechanicum Knight banner and Acastus Knights, but because I rolled a damned 1 for my command checks for my Knight Lance, I couldn't give any orders, so the Imperial Knight Lance did absolutely f all because they didn't have Full Stride or the range. That left them open to shooting and I lost a few of my Questoris Knights as well. Ouch.

However, I did manage to destroy the Reaver Titan in the second turn thanks to my  Acastus Knights, but I eventually lost my Imperial Knight Lance save for a couple of Knights Errant, and I lost my Knights Atrapos. I did manage to destroy 2 Warhounds eventually and then wounded the Nemesis Warbringer, but while I did structually compromise him, I failed to destroy him. Hilariously enough, the Acastus Knights destroyed the enemy Knight Lancer with Strength 6 lascannons. Heh. The Warlord Titan survived and took out a lot of my Knights, and I was only left with 2 Knights Porphyrion - 1 in each banner. My Knight Errant tried to trap the Nemesis Warbringer, but I wasn't able to keep him alive and he eventually got destroyed by the Warlord Titan. Who remained at full health, no less. Ouch.

Eventually my opponent won because he destroyed more than 75% of my army, but I only destroyed over 50% of his army. Well, it was still a good game, though. Enjoyed it tremendously, heh. Had a lot of fun today, and that's what matters. Also, considering that I was running pure Knights, it was actually a lot closer than I thought it would be. My Knights actually destroyed 3 Titans and structurally compronised another. If the rolls went my way, I might have destroyed 4 Titans, but alas, it is what it is. Oh, well.

Anyway, I hope to play another Adeptus Titanicus game soon! It was really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment