About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Rise of the Daemon Engines

I'm probably late to the party, but you guys should have seen this on Facebook and Warhammer Community by now.



Yup, the Lord Discordant. I have no idea whether he will have the Dark Mechanicum keyword (most likely not, given how the Maulerfiends and other Daemon Engines do not have the keyword), but he's a new HQ choice for your Chaos Space Marines army. He basically replaces the Warpsmith (well, you can still run a Warpsmith if you want), and provides buffs for your Daemon Engines. No doubt we're going to see a Vigilus Formation with this guy and Daemon Engines. So expect cool Stratagems for Daemon Engines and Warlord Traits for this fella!



And while at it, let's look at all the awesome weapons that he has!




I'm going for the baleflamer. The autocannon doesn't strike me as good, especially since it's a heavy weapon. And you want this guy to be constantly moving.



This guy seems to be an anti-tank and anti-vehicle unit, and looks to be a monster in melee. Run him alongside Maulerfiends and Venomcrawlers and set them upon your opponents' gunline! That would be awesome!



Yeah. Can you believe that? And since he's basically a melee guy, getting him within 6" of your enemy vehicles would be perfect for you. I'm starting to dread facing these things. Think about it - this doesn't just affect my Leman Russ tanks - it also affects my Knights! My Imperial Knights will be hitting him on 4+s in melee (3+s for the Gallant), and if they are wounded and down a bracket, yeah...it gets worse.

I wonder what's going to happen? I'm tempted to get this guy to supplement my Thousand Sons, but we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment