About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Adeptus Mechanicus reformed!

I have finally finished building my Adeptus Mechanicus army...sort of. Well, not really, but you know what I mean. I'm satisfied for now, and I just spent my month's budget on them, so I will not be adding any more forces to my Warhammer 40,000 army. At least not until I succeed in selling my Deathwatch army (I doubt anyone wants to buy it, though - more than a week and not a single person has shown interest).

What do I have now? Other than the Tech-priest Dominus and Tech-priest Enginseer I kept out of nostalgia (that Tech-priest Dominus was the first ever Adeptus Mechanicus model I bought and held a lot of memories for me), I now have 4 squads of Skitarii. A 5-man Skitarii Vanguard squad with 2 plasma calivers and an omnispex, led by a Skitarii Vanguard Alpha with a phosphor blast pistol and taser goad. A 5-man Skitarii Ranger sniper squad with 2 transuranic arquebuses and an omnispex. 2 5-man Skitarii Ranger squads with 2 arc rifles each, and both are led by Skitarii Ranger Alphas armed with arc pistols and arc mauls. Only one squad has an omnispex, though. I will mostly be using only 3 of these squads so that I can bring other stuff such as Kastelan Robots, Mechanicus Knights or Leman Russ tanks (again, my Skitarii are not meant to be a standalone army. They support my Knights or Imperial Guard armies). And I also used Deathwing Cyclone missile launchers for havoc launchers for my Thousand Sons' Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnoughts. Not perfect, but it works. Good enough for me.


Speaking of Kastelan Robots, while waiting for Forge World to release beta rules for the 30K Mechanicum units, I went and bought Kastelan Robots and Ambots. Warhammer Community suggested that we combine the Kastelan Robots and Ambots from Necromunda for a more industrial feel, and that was what I did. I wasn't able to finish magnetizing one of them, but the other seems to be almost complete. I'll finish up the other next week, but for now I have 2 working Kastelan Robots. Yay, I think? I also kitbashed the Cybernetica Datasmith. Can't say I like the model or the weird power fist, so I swapped his head for a Skitarii Ranger head, and replaced his power fist with a power sword, but I modified the power sword to make it seem like a weapon that doubled his strength rather than just give him AP. I hope he looks cool, but I forgot to take a picture of him. I did take a picture of the kitbashed Kastelan Robots, which were the result of combining them with Ambots. Yay!



Yeah, they look a little rugged and ugly. Sorry. Perhaps most people will tell me how terrible I am at kitbashing and converting and urge me to never try this again. All I can say is...sorry. They are my dudes and I'll kitbash them as I see fit. These guys are kitbashed Kastelan Robots, scavenged from using Ambot parts. They might not look good, but I hope they at least look better than the normal Kastelan Robots, who look...weird. I did my best, and I have no regrets at all. I wonder how they'll work on the tabletop (well, stupid question, they work exactly like normal Kastelan Robots).

Well, we'll see. Amd I'll update with the kitbashed Skitarii Cybernetica Datasmith when I get the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment