About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Three way battle again

So I had a three-way battle again, this time against Orks and Space Wolves. It was a lot of fun.

The Ork player brought 80 Boyz - 3 units of 30, 30 and 20 Boyz, 2 squads of Nobz - 1 squad of 10 and 1 squad of 5, a squad of Tankbustas, a squad of 10 Lootas, lots of Burner Boyz, Ghazghull, a Big Mek with Kustom Force Field, a Painboy, a squad of three Killa Kans, and a Warboss. I think. That's a lot of bodies on the table.

The Space Wolf player brought a tactical squad with one missile launcher, two Intercessor squads, 2 Lieutenants, one Ancient, 1 Captain, some character with 4 wounds, a Hellblaster squad, a Predator with 4 lascannons, Wolf Guard, a bunch of wolves, a squad of 3 Thunderwolf Calvary, a squad of Grey Hunters (I think) and 3 Inceptors.

I brought 3 Imperial Knights, a Knight Paladin with Stormspear rocket pod, a Knight Errant and a Knight Warden with meltagun. They were supported by an Adeptus Mechanicus Spearhead detachment, which comprised of a Tech-priest Dominus and 3 Onager Dunecrawlers with neutron lasers and an extra cognis heavy stubber each.

I ended up with the first turn and I didn't do much, killed a couple of Boyz with the cognis heavy stubbers on my Onager Dunecrawlers and failed to kill even a Killa Klan with their neutron lasers. I rolled pretty badly, and the opponent claimed the kustom force fields gave him a 4++ invulnerable save. And he made it, of course. Later in the game we found out it was only a 5++, but it was too late and I let it go.

My Knights went to town on the Space Wolves and killed 3 of the tactical squad with the heavy stubbers and rapid-fire battle cannon and a whole bunch of Primaris Marines with the thermal cannon. The Avenger Gatling cannon and meltagun killed a bunch of Grey Hunters, I charged in and wiped all but one in melee. And the last survivor failed his morale test twice, even with And They Shall Know No Fear, and ran off the table.

The Space Wolves player responded by firing his Predator's lascannons on my Knight Warden and took 10 wounds off him. Ouch. I think he also fired a missile into my Onager Dunecrawler and knocked 3 wounds off him or something. He then proceeded to fight his way to the Boyz and killed one Loota, a couple of Tankbustas and a lot of Boyz. His Hellblasters overcharged and killed one Killa Klan - this time I was suspicious about the 4++ invulnerable save and asked that he checked, and as it turned out, it really was 5++. So the Space Wolves guy took out one Killa Klan with the Hellblasters. Yay. He then charged his wolves into combat, but they got killed by overwatch. His Inceptors also tried to charge the Lootas but they were killed in overwatch as well. Ouch. The Wolf Guard survived the overwatch from the Lootas but they failed their charge. On the other hand, the Thunderwolf Calvary made it into a bunch of Boyz relatively unscathed (only one wound) and proceeded to tear them apart. He lost one guy but killed a whole bunch of them in return.

The Orks player moved everything up and proceeded to erase the Lieutenant and character with 4 wounds with shooting. He put a few more wounds on my Knight Warden and brought the poor guy down to 11 wounds with the Tankbustas and Lootas. Ouch. I made a few invulnerable saves with my Knight though, his ion shield deflecting big shootas and a rocket launcher. He charged the survivors of the battered Space Wolves forces, and Ghazghul charged an Ancient and killed him. The last surviving Lieutenant got mobbed by a bunch of Boyz. The Intercessors was down to just the Sergeant, but the Captain performed a Heroic Intervention and cut down 5 Boyz. Meanwhile, the Space Wolves guy used the Counter-offensive Stratagem to kill more Boyz with the Thunderwolf calvary and only took 2 wounds in return, with both surviving.

I then moved my Knights and Onager Dunecrawlers up the table, while repairing 2 wounds on the injured Dunecrawler with my advancing Tech-priest Dominus. Using 2 neutron lasers, I finally killed the last 2 Killa Klans. The Cognis heavy stubbers from all 3 Onager Dunecrawlers erased the Tankbustas from the table. The third neutron laser fired and killed a single Loota. Oh, and when I killed the Killa Klans, one of them exploded and did 3 mortal wounds to everyone around him, killing 3 Boyz, 1 Nobz and wounding a 2nd one, 3 wounds on the Painboy and Big Mek. Woohoo. I then shot Ghazghul with the meltagun and Avenger Gatling cannon and brought him down to 1 wound. I fluffed my thermal cannon shots, however, but the heavy stubbers killed a couple of Boyz. Same with my Knight Paladin - his heavy stubbers killed a few more Boyz and his Stormspear rocket pods killed a few Nobz. His rapid-fire battle cannon erased 1 or 2 more Lootas at the back, so yay.

I then charged Ghazghul with my Knight Errant and the Boyz with my Knight Warden (the heavy flamer didn't do anything to them). I stomped Ghazghul to death with Titanic Feet and erased 7 Boyz with Titanic Feet. Yay.

The Predator then fired but his lascannons failed to wound my Knight Errant except for one shot that dealt 5 damage. Then the Hellblasters' overcharged shots that put 2 wounds on him or something. The Space Wolves continued kicking the Boyz's asses in combat, killing a few more with the Captain and the Sergeant, and the Thunderwolf Calvary...

Then both my opponents had to go home, so they called the game. I think I was winning. I had all my units, none of my Knights or Onager Dunecrawlers died, but the Space Wolves guy only had one Predator, one Sergeant, one Captain, 2 Thunderwolf Calvary and 1 Hellblaster squad left. Along with a couple of Tactical Marines and an Intercessor that I didn't kill the previous turn because I focused on the Orks. The Orks player was still locked in combat with the Space Wolves guy and my Knight Warden, and he only had Lootas, a Big Mek, a Painboy, a few Boyz (all three mobs locked in combat and slowly getting hacked or stomped to death) and a depleted squad of Nobz, another full squad of Nobz and Burnerboyz left. None of which could deal much damage to my Knights or Onager Dunecrawlers except for his Lootas. And I will probably just kill them first.

So it was a victory for the Imperium and we shall march on to claim victory for the Konor Campaign! Yes, this was being played for the Konor campaign. Heh. YAY! For the Emperor!

No comments:

Post a Comment