About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Imperial Guard codex...ahem, I mean Astra Militarum Codex out soon!

Good news, everybody! Especially for those of you who play Imperial Guard!

The Imperial Guard codex is out for pre-orders next week! The news came from Warhammer Community so take note of it! Ignore the Death Guard, we are the real Guard!



So what do we get? Apparently we get rules for our Imperial Guard regiments! Of course Cadia will be getting their regimental rules, and knowing how my Draconians are wannabe Cadians, I think that's the regiment I'm most likely going to model my Draconian Armor after. We also have our regiment-specific Stratagems, orders, relics and Warlord Traits, so I can't wait to cover them all! Oh boy, I still have to cover Adeptus Mechanicus first. We'll see.



And we have new Regiments too! Of course my homebrewed Draconian Armor and Kamikaze Troopers will not be featured in the Codex (duh...Games Workshop probably doesn't know they exist), but there's several of the less well-known regiments being featured like the Savlar Chem-dogs that I've been reading so much about in the Imperial Guard novels. I wonder if the Tanith First and Only will be making a return. Elysians and Death Korps of Krieg, sadly, will not be featured in the Codex, but they already have their own rules in the Forge World Index. I suspect Forge World will release new Stratagems, Regimental Doctrines and orders for them in the future, but don't hold your breath.



So who are the lucky dudes whose regiments are getting featured? The ever-popular Cadian Shock Troops and Catachan Jungle Fighters, of course! And we have Armageddon Steel Legion, Tallarn, Valhallan Ice Warriors (Ciaphas Cain! Woohoo!), Vostroyan First-born (incidentally the regiment I'm reading about in the novel Commissar right now), Mordian Iron Guard and the Militarum Tempestus. It sucks that my Kamikaze Troopers will be using Militarum Tempestus Doctrines and Orders instead of Cadian ones, but hey, that's what my Leman Russ tanks and armored Detachments are for. I can see them now. My Militarum Tempestus Detachment as one Battalion Detachment, and an all-Leman Russ tank Detachment as a Spearhead Detachment, and a single Outrider Detachment that will include one Leman Russ tank commander and 3 Hellhounds. And I'll be swapping my Kamikaze Troopers for a Shadowsword and 3 Tech-priest Enginseers as one Supreme Command Detachment (assuming they're in the HQ slot for Astra Militarum, otherwise I have to run them as Imperium and a mix of Adeptus Mechanicus and Astra Militarum) for smaller games, or just ditching the Tech-priest Enginseers and adding the Shadowsword for bigger games.

Yeah, I have my Kamikaze Troopers with their Taurox Prime APCs, which look really cool!



Not as cool as the dudes above, but hey. Whatever. Now time to contact my friend and ask him for help. I need to ship my Imperial Guard army from Singapore to the States right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment