About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, September 25, 2017

Catachan!

Oh, boy. Look at what we have here today. Warhammer Community is featuring Catachans! WOOHOO! (What happened to my Cadians, though?)



And I have to say, their regimental doctrine is insane! If there's no other doctrine that appeals to me, I'll definitely use their doctrine because I use Hellhounds and Leman Russ tanks that all depend on rolling D6 hits! And my guys all use flamers and heavy flamer! What the hell? Can you say match made in heaven?

Well, my Draconians will be using the Catachan doctrine at most, we aren't actually Catachans nor do we dress up like them. We just play similarly.



What's awesome is that the Imperial Guard doesn't just benefit from infantry-based doctrines. Their doctrine also grants bonuses for vehicles too! I hope Cadians have a passive +1BS to all vehicles or something, because if they do, that's the doctrine I'm going for. Otherwise Catachans it is. So what exactly do Catachans get?



That's brutal, all right. That is....brutal. I like this. This is just awesome.



We also have something for the awesome Deathstrike Missile. Just look at this Stratagem.



Well, to be honest, it's not practical at all, and I don't foresee myself using it. But hey, that is pretty cool.



As for the Catachans themselves? We get a cool Command Squad that makes liberal use of heavy flamer and flamers with their unique order Burn Them Out! What does it do? I have no idea. What I do know is that I have a heavy flamer and flamer so I can actually make use of it. I just don't know what the heck the order does for me.

And to add insult to injury, because I already have a wall of flame against Traitors, Heretics and Xenos charging at me, I also this Stratagem that I can use (if I'm playing Catachan, and I'm tempted to add a flamer Catachan Detachment at least to bolster my tanks)



Yeah, that's just insane.

Well, tomorrow we'll be looking at the Mordian Iron Guard, who are more defensive in nature, so let's see what happens! I'll be waiting for the Cadians, though.

Oh...right. With Cadia's Creed and Charlie's Elite40K blogs uh...inactive, am I the only active Astra Militarum....cough, I mean Imperial Guard blog left? Where's all the Imperial Guard players? I expect more blogs to be covering the new Imperial Guard release. I know technically this is an Adeptus Mechanicus and Imperial Knight blog, but the Imperial Guard is my second faction (after the Knights) and ahead of the Adeptus Mechanicus in my priority list of armies. Hell, I'll wager that my Imperial Guard army is bigger than my Adeptus Mechanicus army. I have a superheavy tank, 6 Leman Russ tanks, Militarum Tempestus Scions, 3 Vendetta gunships, a Command Squad full of flamers and heavy flamers, and 2 Veteran squads (which I will probably dismantle and turn into special weapon squads or something).

No comments:

Post a Comment