About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, April 30, 2023

Plastic Cerastus Knight Lancer

Chapter Master Valrak has been vindicated! If you've been following his videos as I have, you would have heard from one rumor video that there's a plastic Cerastus Knight lancer in the works. Well, wonder no more. Games Workshop has officially announced him in Warhammer Fest!


I'll probably buy one to replace my current resin one (who's in pretty bad shape and difficult to repair), or maybe give him a friend if I get too sentimental and refuse to throw him away. So yeah. I'll only be able to afford him when I return to the US in the fall, so I can't get him in the summer. Oh, well.


Gonna make use of the new plastic kit to make better poses than the weird one my current resin one is doing (I fethed up when assembling - and I hate assembling resin). We'll see. At least parts won't break off as easily, and even if they do, they'll be easier to repair.

Also...Horus Heresy roadmap!


Hmm, looks like new projects for me next year, but we'll see. The only notable thing I want this year is the Knight Lancer, and I'll probably get more stuff for Adeptus Titanicus and maybe a fledging Dark Angels Dreadwing platoon (or Risen Fallen Knights), but we'll see. Still, this looks promising, and melee weapons (?) and plastic assault squad mean I might be able to convert a Destroyer squad for Dreadwing. Again, we'll see. I don't know how it's going to work out eventually, but yeah. The only thing I know for sure is Knight Lancer and a bit of Dreadwing (you saw my Cataphractii Terminators yesterday). Well, the Terminators are Deathwing because I like the idea of Knights with swords and I was trying to be thematic, but they're attached to a Dreadwing platoon. Anyway, we'll see. I might just get Interemptors and go Deathwing instead, with Dreadwing and maybe Ironwing Dreadnoughts attached to them, but that's...all up in the air, and I might change my mind eventually.

But Knights? Hell, no. I'm primarily a Knight player, so yeah. Maybe we'll eventually see a plastic kit for the Acastus Knight Porphyrion. Who knows? In any case, that's why I'm posting about Horus Heresy and not Leviathan. I'm excited for 10th edition, but I'm more interested in the lore, and they're more about Space Marines and Tyranids. I'm a Knight player, so...I probably will just buy and read Darius Hinks's Leviathan and that's it. And get the Crusade book to...well, run a Crusade campaign for my Knights/Imperial Guard. Might be a great time to field a new plastic Knight Lancer for Crusade, though I think Tanaka (my self-insert, heh) might want to remain in Kazan and keep his melta thermal cannon. We'll have him follow Lord Takeda in Kensei instead!

Good lord, apparently their descendants pilot the exact same Knight suits 10,000 years later. Heh.

2 comments:

  1. I really hope we get a plastic upgrade frame to make the lancer into the other cerastus variants (unless they pull a surprise and give us all the options in the kit for the castigator and acheron) I do hope though we keep the posability of the current resin one and do not get monopose knight legs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, same! I'm looking forward to that. In the Warhammer Fest reveals, they said there will be a lot more posability in the plastic kit, so I think you don't have to worry about that!

      Delete