About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, April 16, 2023

Adeptus Titanicus Campaign Compendium

For those of us who were unable to collect the campaign books for Adeptus Titanicus, which include Titandeath, Doom of Molech, Shadow and Iron, The Defense of Ryza, and Crucible of Retribution, it seems that all of their narrative stuff and campaigns have been compiled into a single book, titled the Adeptus Titanicus Campaign Compendium. Not only will we have the background lore and narrative missions, as well as a campaign system, we will be getting full rules for Knight Household Armies (for Knight players like me) and custom Titan Legions. I am assuming we are going with updated rules like those seen in the Loyalist Legios and Traitor Legios, so yeah. I guess I can use that for my Legio Draconis, because for now my Dark Dragons - though consisting of only a single Warlord Titan and Warmaster - are just using Loyalist Legio Traits for now. Yay.

That's not all! In addition to the Campaign Compendium, we will also be getting Stratagem cards for Loyalist and Traitor Legios, Knight Households, Defense of Ryza Stratagems, and even the reprints of Open Engine War cards! If you missed the Open Engine War card pack the first time around, this is the best chance to grab one! Hopefully, they will remain a staple rather than just be sold out and never manufactured again. They were super popular, and I was fortunate to grab one off ebay for an affordable price, but yeah, don't miss this chance and buy it if you don't have a pack already. They are amazing. That said, the Matched Play guide is also all right in terms of missions.

Wait, is it worth getting the Campaign Compendium if you already have all the other campaign books? I personally have them all, but I'll still get it because I'm a massive fan of Adeptus Titanicus. I love my Knights, I love my Titans, and I love making up stories for my homebrewed Knight House (and maybe my Titan Legion, which I really need to get around to writing a story for one day...). And I'm guessing there will be updated rules for Knight Households and stuff. That said, if you already have all the narrative supplements or campaign books, then maybe not? Either way, I'm gonna get a copy, and I'll let you guys know. If you don't have the campaign books or narrative supplements, then for sure I'd say it's worth collecting - especially since all the background lore, narrative missions, Knight Household rules and custom Titan Legion rules are bundled conveniently into a single book, but for those who already have all 5 narrative supplements, um...maybe wait. I can't guarantee I'll get my post out in time, but I'll have a good look through the book and inform you if there are any major or significant changes.

Speaking of which, there should be plenty of content creators who will write or upload reviews of the campaign compendium anyway. They typically receive review copies a week ahead, and so I suggest you watch/read their reviews instead.

Oh, and one more thing!


The Conversion Beam Extirpator for Warlord Titans is out for pre-order! Along with the Conversion Beam Dissoluter for the Warhounds and Reavers as well. I'll probably grab one because it looks cool, and I'm eventually gonna assemble an Extergimus maniple of three Warlord Titans...one day. Next semester, when I finally get a job and earn money. For now, though, I'll probably only have money for the Conversion Beam Extirpator and not the Warlord Titans themselves. Ugh. Well, let's focus on my dissertation and career for now, eh?

Another thing that annoys me is...I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem, but Black Library customer service has not replied to any of my emails for over a month. Are they being overwhelmed by emails or something? I got fed up of waiting and I ended up just buying a second copy of the Ciaphas Cain short story, The Bigger They Are, instead. Bloody hell, that wasted another $3.99. Sigh. Worth it, though. It's a short story about Ciaphas Cain having a sort of holiday on a nice world with the 597th Valhallan Ice Warriors, only for a Tyranid bio-titan to crash into the sea and then slowly rampage into the city like a kaiju. Awesome stuff. How does Cain defeat a bio-titan? Well, read and see, and if you want spoilers, let me know and I'll write another post about it. Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment