About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Tank Aces and new Astra Militarum stuff!

Warhammer Community has posted a preview for the Astra Militarum!

Image result for astra mili what

Ahem...I mean, a preview for the Imperial Guard! Wait, why am I doing a preview for the Imperial Guard? Because it's my second army, right after my Knights (did you think my second army was Adeptus Mechanicus? Nah...they are my third).



Anyway, first things up is...the new regimental doctrines! Just like the Space Marines before us, we can customize our own regiments and pick 2 different regimental doctrines. Needless to say, I'll either be sticking with the Cadian regimental doctrine, or picking the ones that benefit tanks. You guys know me by now, I play armored companies. So I will definitely either stick with my re-rolls of ones during the shooting phase (my Leman Russ tanks are all Executioner variants and I focus almost exclusively on plasma), or if they have better tank stuff for my dudes, then I'll go for them.

I don't know what's going to happen for Orders, though. If you choose your own regimental doctrines, will you get customized Orders, or you lose all those regiment-specific Orders for good? I guess we'll find out.






Gunnery Experts look awesome, and I'll take that if I can, but only if they have a re-roll of ones for my dudes. We'll see. Of course they have stuff for infantry, but...I don't really play infantry, so...let's move on to Tank Aces!



Oh, they gave examples of a tank company's regimental doctrines. There are 12, by the way, and they showed us 4 so far.




I know for sure I'll be using Jury-rigged Repairs if they have the re-rolls of ones, otherwise I'm sticking to Cadian.



Now...for my tank aces!



So you can have up to two Tank Aces per army! WOOHOO!



Cool, but...I don't really need this. AP -4 plasma cannons? Really? Nah...I hope they have other stuff.



This...I'm definitely getting once I get my Stormblade. Yeah. WOOHOO!

They have new Stratagems, for the Hellhounds, for example.





Cool! Except that I don't have Hellhounds, so...



The Sentinels Stratagem looks amazing, and I might just throw in a unit of 3 Sentinels, just because.

Anyway, that's all for the previews, and I'll be back to cover the Ordo Tempestus tomorrow, especially since I have a small army of Kasrkin who counts as Militarum Tempestus!

No comments:

Post a Comment