About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, February 16, 2020

Journey to Valhalla!

I'm tempted, but most likely I will not be getting this (since I'm running an armored company and Kasrkins/Kamikaze Stormtroopers), but this is good news for many Imperial Guard players. The Valhallan Ice Warriors have returned! According to Warhammer Community, they'll be available for Made to Order for a week, beginning from February 22nd.



They look really cool!

So what's up for Made to Order? The Valhallan Ice Warriors have a normal infantry squad available.



3 special weapons, which are a meltagun, grenade launcher and flamer. No plasma guns, unfortunately.



Cool, huh? And then you have four choices of heavy weapon teams, which includes an autocannon, a missile launcher, a heavy bolter and a mortar. No lascannon, though.






They look really dated, to be honest. I prefer my Kasrkins. A lot. But they still look cool, I guess? Their mouths and expressions look weird, but I can't complain. After all, they are Valhallan Ice Warriors, and given how my first ever Warhammer 40,000 novel was Ciaphas Cain's Hero of the Imperium omnibus, I always have a soft spot for Valhallan Ice Wariors. They just give me a tinge of nostalgia, and I like them a lot.

Speaking of which, to round off your Valhallan Ice Warriors, you have a choice of a Valhallan Commander, or Kubrik Chenkov, who I hate with a burning passion. Obviously you can just run him as a normal Valhallan Commander without worrying that they are look like clones.




There's also the platon set - a callback to 6th or 7th edition (remember the old Force Organization Chart rules, and how our Troops choice was an entire infantry platoon?), where you have Commander Chenkov leading 2 infantry squads and a single heavy weapons squad - all three bearing autocannons - I believe you also have 3 extra infantry in there somehow (I counted 23 Valhallan Ice Warriors, excluding Chenkov).



In addition to the Valhallan Ice Warriors, you also have Commissar Sebastian Yarrick making his triumphant return! With the Saga of the Beast and Thrakka Ghazghull at hand, we're going to need Yarrick and his Armageddon Steel Legion to defeat the Orks' greatest Waaagh! yet.



Somehow I think Armageddon Steel Legion would be a better idea, but what do I know? Anyway, these guys look awesome, if very dated (man, Yarrick looks so cheesy, ugh), and they'll only be available for a week, so grab them as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment