About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Upgrading my Knight, reinforcements for my Steel Dragons!

So today I went and bought a new set of magnets because I decided to upgrade my Knight Errant into a Knight Crusader as well! It might sound stupid, but like I said, my Knight Paladin and Knight Errant are my very first Warhammer 40,000 models, and I will never sell or get rid of them. They hold great value to me because they are my very first army, and I will continue to hold on to them no matter what.


But...as you probably know, Knight Paladin and Knight Errant are not exactly good in the current meta. Not that I care, because I play for fun, but I thought it would be cool to upgrade them. You already know that I have upgraded my Knight Paladin into a Knight Crusader by cutting off his reaper chainsword and giving him an Avenger Gatling cannon. Similarly, I have also done the same for my Knight Errant today, cutting off his Reaper chainsword and magnetizing his arm so that he can have an Avenger Gatling cannon as well. Suddenly, I have 2 Knight Crusaders! Woohoo! One has a rapid-fire battle cannon and the other has a thermal cannon! YAY!



I can swap back and forth between a Knight Crusader and a Knight Errant as necessary. The Avenger Gatling cannon arm looks a little weird, pointing a bit too high, but I think it works. People know what it is, therefore I'll leave it as it is. Maybe he's shooting at flyers!



My newly transformed Knight Crusader wasn't the only thing I did today. I also built a second Impulsor for my mechanized Space Marines list. My Steel Dragons are a mechanized force that relies heavily on armor, so they have a lot of APCs, IFVs and battle tanks. Now all I have left is a second Repulsor Executioner and my Steel Dragons army will be complete!



I also magnetized my second Impulsor, so he can swap between shield dome and Bellicatus missile array whenever necessary. I like having the missile option just in case, you know? I don't know what else to say. The 4++ invulnerable save will make my Impulsors a lot more durable and resilient, but the missiles might be cool for more offensive scenarios where that extra firepower could make a lot of difference.



Additionally, I got myself a 4th HQ choice, the Primaris Chaplain. With him around, I could probably field an almost all Primaris force, but the Devastators will stay along with their Razorback and Mortis Contemptor Dreadnoughts. I like them the way they are, to be honest. Well, we'll see how it goes, but for now the Pirmaris Chaplain will accompany Captain Fushi and the normal Librarian to battle!



One day I'll try out my new Steel Dragons army! I can't wait to see how they fare on the tabletop again!

2 comments:

  1. Always nice to see changes and progress ... and those riders liked them the first time I saw them 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Riders? Are you talking about the Impulsors? Yeah, they are really cool!

      Delete