About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, November 11, 2019

Battle Report 38

Welp, I guess it's time to type out the disastrous battle report for my Steel Dragons. Whoops, I really shouldn't be giving away spoilers right from the start, but I think you guys already know how this is going to end.



Not well for me, that's for sure.


Anyway, let's start off with what my opponent brought. He had an awesome Drukhari army! I think he had a Kabalite Cult of 3 squads of 10 Kabalite Warriors in Raiders (I think, those big ship things), led by 2 Archons, both of whom loaded up in a Venom. He had an additional 2 5-men squads in 2 Venoms. He had a Wyche Cult that included 2 Ur-ghuls and a unit of Scourges, and maybe a squad of Wyches? I can't remember. I know he had a bunch of Reavers...I think? The small jetbike dudes. All led by a Succubus. They were also accompanied by a bunch of Mandrakes, which were really scary. Then he wrapped up with a Haemonculus Coven that had the dude leading 3 Grotesques and 3 Talos. Scary. He placed the 3 Raiders with their Kabalite Warrior squads, the Mandrakes and Scourges in Deep Strike.



Because I still hadn't gotten my second Repulsor Executioner yet, I had to use proxies, and thus...the Skorpius Disintegrator pretended to be my second Repulsor Executioner. The rest were what you see is what you get. A Primaris Captain, a Primaris Chaplain, a Primaris Librarian, 3 squads of Intercessors, 2 Impulsors with shield domes, 1 plasma Devastator squad, a Razorback with twin assault cannons, 2 Contemptor Mortis Dreadnoughts with dual plasma cannons, and 2 Repulsor Executioners. Yeah, very low model count. The Steel Dragons are full of steel and plasma, as you can see. I think we had Vital Intelligence for the mission.



I got first turn, my opponent didn't seize the initiative and the game began! He cleverly hid all of his Dark Eldar stuff out of line of sight, so I couldn't bring my prodigious firepower to bear even though I had so much plasma. Don't forget that he had a ton of stuff in Deep Strike too, so there was no way I could shoot anything in the second turn. Whoops. The only thing I could shoot at were the Grotesques and Talos, but between their 4++ invulnerable and 6+++ Feel No Pain, I couldn't kill any of them. Only 1 Repulsor Executioner and 1 Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought could fire at them, and obviously the single Impulsor that went to grab an objective only had a single ironhail heavy stubber, which quite frankly, couldn't do anything. Even the Intercessors who piled out of the assault vehicle didn't put a dent on any of them...maybe took off a few wounds. No First Strike for me. My Impulsor and Intercessors attempted to grab the Objective that would be worth 2 (or was it 3?) points this turn, but alas, it was not to be.



My opponent moved all his Drukhari upward, especially the Talos, Grotesques and Venoms. They unloaded everything into the Intercessors and wiped them out to grab the objective, while also hitting the Repulsor Executioner with their blasters or dark lances or something. The poor thing was reduced to about 3 wounds or so. Poor guy. Anyway, he got First Strike thanks to destroying my Intercessors. His Talos and Grotesques then charged and assaulted the Impulsor...and thanks to his 4++ invulnerable save because of the shield dome, the guy didn't take any damage except losing 1 wound to a Venom desperately charging him. That was hilarious. Seriously. The Impulsor was a beast! On the other side, another Venom charged my Contemptor Dreadnought, and even though I did the Optimized Repulsion Protocols Stratagem, I failed to kill it, and the poor guy got locked in combat. Oh well.

The Impulsor just refused to take any damage!
Unfortunately, my opponent grabbed the greater objective, and his Ur-ghouls were sitting on 2 objectives while I only had 2. With First Strike, he surged up to 5 points to my 2 and took a huge lead from the start.



I tried to destroy a bunch of his Talos with my Repulsor Executioner and Razorback, while my Devastators essentially wiped out the jetbikes thing (Reavers?) along with my Intercessors from my second Impulsor shooting at them. I should have fired the Intercessors' bolt rifles at the Ur Ghoul, but I forgot they couldn't charge. Stupid of me. My first Contemptor Dreadnought retreated, and the other Repulsor Executioner and Contemptor Dreadnought killed the Venom, as well as took out the Grotesques, leaving...about 2 or so Talos, I think. I also killed a few of his 5-men squad Kabalite Warriors, but it wasn't enough. It will never be enough. I was hoping my Intercessors could camp on the major objective this time, but it wasn't to be. The resilient Impulsor flew off and failed to kill the Ur-Ghoul. Damn it. At least I was contesting the objective now.

The Drukhari's reinforcements arrived from Deep Strike and decimated everything. My Repulsor Excutioner was destroyed, the Intercessors were wiped out by shooting from the Raiders and the Talos charging into them (and the Contemptor Dreadnought) and thus I was denied the objective. The other Contemptor Dreadnought was also charged by another Talos and the Haemonculus guy after taking not much damage from the Scourges. The Mandrakes killed a Devastator and charged the Primaris Chaplain, only to get smacked about by him. Or something like that. Actually, I think both of my Repulsor Executioners were destroyed this turn from combined fire from the Raiders, and I pretty much had nothing left except my Contemptor Dreadnoughts and Primaris Librarian on that side.



I can't remember what happened, but my opponent surged up to 8 points to my 3 or something. The lead was growing, and fast. Ugh.

Without my Repulsor Executioners and most of my forces wiped out, there wasn't much I could do. My Primaris Librarian used Smite and killed a Talos who had only one or two wounds remaining. YES! My Intercessors up the table killed the Ur-ghoul and took that objective, but my Impulsor still failed to kill the other Ur-ghoul. The Razorback moved up and wiped out a squad of Kabalite warriors with his twin assault cannon while my Devastators killed the last Talos. However, that was all I could do, with 3 Raiders in my deployment zones and all the Kabalite Warriors in them, plus the Scourges. Ugh. The Devastators charged into the Mandrakes, and along with the Primaris Chaplain, they wiped the Mandrakes out.

Then he destroyed my first Contemptor Dreadnought in combat. I think he tried to charge the second with his Venom...and I killed it with overwatch using Optimized Repulsion Protocols. Finally something going my way for once. But his Raiders killed my Devastators and Primaris Chaplain. The Primaris Librarian was also taken out by the Raiders...the Scourges didn't even have to do anything. My forces were dying. The Archon charged my Razorback, and even though I scored a bunch of wounds and hits, the bloody bugger's 2++ invulnerable save tanked all of the rounds and he tied the poor guy up in melee.



I only had one objective, with my Impulsor still doing absolutely nothing to the Ur-ghoul, and he basically had free reign all over the board and was obtaining like 11 or 12 points to my 4. That wasn't counting Linebreaker. Ugh. Well, I probably did get Linebreaker as well, small comfort that was.

At that point, we called it. I had no choice but to surrender. I just didn't have the forces to grab objectives and catch up to my opponent, and he had nearly tabled me. There was more than half his army left, what with all those Kabalite Warriors and Scourges, but all I had was a single Intercessor squad, the Primaris Captain, one Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought (who would no doubt die next turn), 2 Impulsors and a Razorback - two of which were tied up in combat. The Impulsors were really resilient, but they lacked the firepower to cleanse my deployment zone of enemies, and the one with the firepower. my Razorback, was locked in combat with the damned Archon. Well, there was still my Contemptor, but honestly...what can he do? Maybe kill a Raider if I'm really, really lucky? Not much else, unfortunately.



Well...I must really suck if I got crushed so badly despite using Iron Hand Successor Chapter Tactics. Not that I care, I mean, it's not as if I play to win, and I'll just look forward to the next game! Probably will have to learn from this mistake and do my best in the next game! Maybe next time I'll bring in my Knights! I'm much more familiar with my Imperial Knights than any other army anyway. So maybe I'll do better with my Knights!

No comments:

Post a Comment