About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Tons of stuff

I had a lot of stuff happen to me over the past week, so I'm not going to write about all of them in great detail. I literally had 3-4 games of 8th edition, 2 games of Adeptus Titanicus. One of the games was an all-Knight game, and I literally got wrecked. I can't remember what happened, but basically the opponent brought a Knight Castellan, a Knight Crusader, a Knight Warden and 3 Armiger Helverins, and tabled me in short order. Ouch.


Then the tournament last Saturday...I was going to write about it, except there wasn't much of a tournament. Only 3 people, including me, showed up, and that was that. We had fun, though. I let the other 2 guys play against each other first, Adeptus Custodes versus Imperial Guard (or Traitor Guard, the Blood Pact using Imperial Guard rules). In a 1,500-point game, the Adeptus Custodes ran all over his infantry, wiping them out, and leaving just a couple of Basilisks, a couple of Wyverns and 2 Chimeras. The Guard did kill quite a bit of Custodes, and I think there was only 3 or 4 Characters left, with maybe a couple of Allarus Terminators. Everyone else died.



Since the tournament was basically null and void, I suggested we just up the game to 2,000 points and include Lords of War for the fun of it. I decided to help my fellow Imperial Guard player take revenge, an brought my Knights plus Imperial Guard army. The Custodes player brought 1 Shield Captain on jetbike, Trajann Volaris, 3 Dawneagle Jetbikes, a Vexilus Praetor, 3 squads of 6 or 7 Custodian Guards, a bunch of Allarus Terminators, and a Venerable Land Raider. Against this intimidating list of the Emperor's Legion, I brought a Knight Lancer, a Knight Crusader, a Knight Gallant, and an Imperial Guard Battalion featuring 2 Tank Commanders in Leman Russ Executioner tanks, 3 infantry squads with plasma gun (2 of them, anyway) and 2 Astropaths. And I used the Stratagem to pick a Vindicare Assasin because he had quite a few Characters, and the Vindicare's BS wouldn't be affected by the Veilus Praetor's -1 to hit. The Tank Commanders rolled hot, and I killed about 2 Custodian Guard squads in the first turn alone, while my Knight Lancer ran up and did more damage. Wow. It was a brutal and fun game, my Vindicare Assassin failed to wound anything in the first 2 turns, but my Tank Commanders were just vaporizing everything with their plasma, from Custodian Guards to Allarus Terminators, while the Knight Lancer and Knight Gallant hunted and killed the Characters, and the Venerable Land Raider (eventually). The jetbikes Deep Strike to finish off my Knight Lancer, failed (my Knight Lancer died when he charged the Venerable Land Raider and ate a lascannon shot in overwatch), and were destroyed by the Tank Commanders' plasma. One of the Tank Commanders blew himself up with mortal wounds taken from rolling 2s from firing his plasma. Ouch. Did his job, so his sacrifice was not in vain. Well done, sir. In the end, I basically tabled the Custodes, with only a single Vexilus Praetor left on the table. The Vindicare Assassin finally wounded him on turn 3, but failed to kill him, dealing only about 4 wounds before I didn't roll a 5+ for that 3rd mortal wound to kill him (I rolled a 2 for D3 wounds).



Well, the tournament was basically null so we didn't really care about the results and stuff. At least we had fun!



After that, I ended up playing a couple of Adeptus Titanicus games. My Fortis Maniple with the Legio Fortidus Sons of Mars Trait to get 2 Warlord Titans and a Reaver Titan backed up by 2 Cerastus Knight Lancers againt 1 Warlord, 1 Reaver and 3 Warhound Scout Titans. I can't remember what happened, but the first game was Hold the Line for me, and I literally destroyed all of my opponent's Titans while he couldn't even kill a single one of mine. I think he only killed a single Knight Lancer, whose surviving partner in the banner was shaken but passed his Command Check all the same. And...that was it.



Feeling bad for him, we played another game and I deliberately chose a mission that was disadvantageous to me this time. I think it was a rescue mission where I had to grab the Titan's Crew from the center of the map and run away with them. I actually completed that and got the 20 Victory Points, my Reaver Titan sacrificing all his shooting to grab the objective and running away with Full Stride Orders. My Warlord Titans were used as meatshields and I deliberately held my fire for most of the time, allowing my opponent to destroy both Warlord Titans and giving him 30 Victory Points. The Knight Lancers survived though, or one of them did, and the other, as usual, died. But he didn't kill the entire unit, so too bad (he was ahead in victory points anyway). I failed to kill anything, and I think my opponent got another bunch of points for having more than half of his guys survive. Oh, the funniest thing that happened was when his 3 Warhounds attacked my last Warlord Titan and slew him. I rolled a D10 on the Catastrophic Damage table and scored a 10, and I basically killed all 3 Warhounds with multiple critical damage hits by rolling a 6 for the D6 number of attacks. BOOM! And with the Warlord Titan literally blowing up, he nuked the 3 Warhound Titans who had come to slay him, causing them all to die as well. Thankfully my Knight Lancer was just out of range, and survived the terrible explosions behind him. Heh. That was an epic game. I did get a few victory points for killing the Warhounds (can't remember how many) as my secondary objective, but I still lost the game. It didn't matter to me, since I was going easy on him and feeling bad for tabling him without losing a single Titan earlier.



The last battle was just yesterday, when I played my Knights against the Knights guy, but this time he brought Chaos and Renegade Knights while I brought my House militia in the form of Imperial Guard. He had 1 Lord Discordant, a Master of Possession, a Daemon Prince (Warlord), 3 squads of 5 Red Corsairs Space Marines with bolt pistols and chainswords (giving him that extra 3 Command Points), a single Leviathan Dreadnought with butcher cannon array and siege drill, 2 Venom Crawlers, and they were backed up by a Renegade Knight with 2 Avenger Gatling cannons and 2 Armiger Heverins. This time I brought my Vindicare Assassin to back up my 3 usual Knights (Lancer, Gallant and Crusader) and 2 Tank Commanders in Leman Russ Executioner tanks. Not much to say other than I almost got tabled, with only a single Vindicare Assassin and a Sergeant left by the end of turn 7. A good luck draw from Maelstrom cards was what salvaged the game for me and allowed me to win 19 to 18. Phew! But I was so close to being tabled. Highlight of the game was my Vindicare vindicating my decision to take him and killing the Master of Possession in the 2nd turn by rolling a 6 for wound roll to deal D6 damage, and I rolled 4 to kill him outright. His turbo-penetrator rounds was also useful for dealing mortal wounds to the Renegade Knight and Leviathan Dreadnought and eventually the last Venomcrawler left on the table. My Knight Gallant was almost taken out by the Daemon Prince, but I used Counteroffensive to have my Knight Gallant fight next and kill the Daemon Prince for Slay the Warlord! Drawing Kingslayer and getting 3 from D3 Victory Points contributed greatly to me just barely edging my opponent out on points!



After that game, I realized that I needed something against Psykers, so today I bought a Culexus Assassin, built him and painted him. Now I have a Vanguard Detachment of Assassins, but honestly I'll just stick to using the Stratagem and choosing whichever I want. The day will be bleak and desperate indeed if I am ever forced to field all 3 Assassins at once. We'll see.



Anyway, that's all for this week! Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment