About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, June 19, 2017

Forge World Index: Astra Militarum Preview

Awesome! Look at Warhammer Community has for us today! The Forge World Index: Astra Militarum Preview!

As you guys probably already know, I've pre-ordered my copy of the Forge World Index: Forces of the Astra Militarum on Saturday right after they announced they will be shipping it from June 23rd. I have 3 Vendetta gunships, so I probably need the Imperial Armor book to field those.



I'm still waiting for Imperial Armor: Fires of Cyrastax or whatever for the Cybernetica units from Forge World to be fielded alongside my Adeptus Mechanicus army, but this book looks like it's worth it. I mean, just look at the Malcador Infernus.



I'm so tempted to buy myself a model. I probably might, actually. Except that my Imperial Guard army is locked up somewhere and I can't use them. Yet.

We also have Death Korps of Krieg and Elysian Drop Troops inside the book, so I might use those rules for my stuff instead. I fell in love with the Death Riders when reading Dead Men Walking by Steve Lyon. That book had one of the best moments ever when the Death Riders just rode in and massacred the Necrons. One of my favorite Warhammer 40,000 scenes ever. So how do they translate into the tabletop?



Looks great, doesn't it? Those models look sweet too!



I can't wait to see what rules they will have for Elysian Drop Troops. I mean, I have Vendetta Gunships, and I can convert my Veteran squads into Elysian Drop Troops, still call them Draconian Kamikaze Troopers and use their rules. Just say the Draconians use Elysian Drop Troops rules because they learn from those dudes.

I'll let you guys know more when I get the book.

4 comments:

  1. The rules for the Death Riders look very nice, until I noticed some issue maybe someone can clear up for me.

    Aside from the hunting lance, the rider itself has no close combat weapon, does it mean it makes no attack outside of the charge turn (since the lance can only be used in the turn in which it charged...)?

    I would tend to allow it to attack with a S:user AP0 D1 weapon with 2 attacks, but I am not sure it is entirely in line with the rules (which say you attack with one of your weapons...).

    This is even more of a shame since Death Riders models clearly have both a sword and pistol in addition to their hunting lance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect the Death Riders will make 2 (or 3 for the Ridemaster) Strength 3 AP 0 attacks if they continue to be locked in combat after the subsequent turns they charged.

      Delete
  2. You are correct. Rulebook states that a model with no close combat weapon defaults as having one that is: S: user, AP:0, D:1.

    So I believe they would make those attacks, and then the bonus attacks with the Krieg Steed using its Savage Claws.

    At Power Level 5 for 5 models that is... really good I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm right!

      And I almost forgot, they can fire their laspistol during the shooting phase even when they are locked in combat.

      Delete