About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, July 11, 2015

The beginnings of a Skitarii army

I finally picked up my Skitarii codex yesterday, and had actually finished building my first Onager Dunecrawler. I'll get three because I need the 4++ invulnerable save that the Field Harmonics rule provides for the Emanatus Force Field. Plus it's better to have 3 small Strength 10 AP 1 blast pie-plates of neutron lasers or 3 sets of Icarus array firepower than 1 or 2. My Ironstrider unit will mostly likely suffer from this, but I have no choice. Oh well. I guess it'll be easier to hide 1 Ironstrider in cover than 2 or 3, and snipe from there, but I don't have enough points for him, no matter how I tailor my list. The alternative is to give up 1 Onager Dunecrawler for another 2 Ironstriders Ballistarii, but somehow I don't think I want that.

I'll need to find a 3rd plasma caliver from somewhere (assuming I buy 2 boxes of Vanguard/Rangers, build 10 Vanguard and 5 Rangers, throw away 5, I'll still only have 2 plasma calivers, short of 1 I need). Or maybe I should save money and models and just build 5 Vanguard and 5 Rangers. Argh. If I do that, I'll be able to afford a 2nd Ironstrider Ballistarii, but I'll miss out on 4x3 radium carbine shots and 3 (or 6 if I can't find the bits) plasma caliver shots. What should I do?! Buy 3 boxes and build a 2nd team of Vanguard with arc rifles, but somehow I can't use them at all because the Skitarii battle maniple only allows me 1 unit each! Well, in the same way I'll have 5 extra Rangers that I will rarely be using. Argh.

We'll see.

Anyway, here's my new units.

Onager Dunecrawler
 I'll need to magnetize or use blu-tac, and drill a hole to allow me to swap the neutron laser for the Icarus array's twin-linked autocannons.

Sicarian Ruststalkers
 Cool cybernetic assassins in the form of Sicarian Ruststalkers! I've equipped them with the standard loadout of transonic razors, chord claws and mindscrambler grenades. Woohoo, get ready for some serious melee combat!

Half-complete Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation
Well, I still need Skitarii Vanguard, Skitarii Rangers, Sicarian Infiltrators, Ironstrider Ballistarii and 2 Onager Dunecrawlers to complete Adeptus Mechanicus War Convocation. We'll see what becomes of my infantry. Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment