About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Cult Mechanicus army complete!

I have finally finished building my Cult Mechanicus army! Now all that is left is to build my Skitarii army and my Adeptus Mechanicus army will finally be complete. Don't get too ahead of myself, though. There's still the Skitarii portion to build.

For now I have gotten both my mandatory troop choices, and as you all know, thanks to my Cohort Cybernetica, my HQ and heavy support slots are filled. Or heavy support slot, actually, since I'm more likely to combine all my Kastelan robots into one maniple. More convenient that way. As such, here you go!

Cult Mechanicus Allies (1 troop choice)

Cult Mechanicus army, ready for battle
As such, my Cult Mechanicus army is now complete! I can run a 1,000 point game with them right now. Yay. I was actually going to have a game today, but my mom called me to get me to return home early. Fine, I'll have the battle tomorrow. I can't wait.

Now I need a Skitarii Battle Maniple. The question is, what should I add into the Skitarii Battle Maniple? I'll be throwing 10-men Vanguard with 3 plasma calivers, 5-men Rangers, 5 Sicarian Ruststalkers and 5 Sicarian  Infiltrators, that's for sure. Now the question is, what should I choose? Sydonian Dragoons or Ironstriders Ballistarii? It looks like I can have either 1 Ironstrider Ballistari to go with my 3 Onager Dunecrawlers, or I can swap out an Onager Dunecrawler for 1 more Ironstrider Ballisatrii (just missing 5 points for a 3rd Ironstrider, so I have to sacrifice my 3rd plasma caliver Vanguard or just go with 2 Ironstriders and an extra Datasmith because of his godly gamma pistol and dataspike). Alternatively, I can swap out the 3rd Onager Dunecrawler for 2 Sydonian Dragoons. I will not be running 1 Sydnonian Dragoon, he's useless on his own. It's either 3 or I stick to 1 Ironstrider. I would rather have all 3 Onager Dunecrawlers, though. I'll be using stuff to magnetize the Icarus Array and neutron laser. Or blu-tac, since I'm using blu-tac to stick the plasma culverins onto the Kataphron Destroyers so that I can swap them out for heavy gav-cannons whenever it's necessary (when facing monstrous creatures, flying monstrous creatures, terminators, Eldar, Wraithknights, Wraithguard, etc.) so I might as well do the same for my Onager Dunecrawlers.

What would your advice be? If you think I should just go with 2 Onager Dunecrawlers with Icarus Array, please tell me. Melee with Strength 8 Initiative 6 vs. long-range twin-linked lascannons? What should I do?

By the way, my Cult Mechanicus is most likely Tech-Priest Dominus, 2 units Kataphron Destroyer of 3 each and 1 Kastelan Robot Maniple of either 2 for 2,000-point games (4 if I stick to 1 Ironstrider, 1 Onager Dunecrawler and 5-men Vanguard) or 4 for 3,000-point games. For my Imperial Knights it's either Crusader for 2,000-point games and 3 Knights (Crusader, Warden and Errant) for 3,000-point games. So what would suit these guys best? 3 Onager Dunecrawlers with Icarus Array and thus 1 Ironstrider Ballistarii? 2 Onager Dunecrawlers, several Sydonian Dragoons or should I go with several Ironstriders Ballistarii instead? Please help me out here!

Update in September: Yeah, it figures...nobody ever reads this blog, so nobody is ever going to give me advice or answer this question. Whatever, I'll just go with 2 Ironstriders Ballistarii and 2 Onager Dunecrawlers. Or maybe I should get a 3rd Onager Dunecrawler instead and have 15 spare points for a 6th Ranger that costs 11 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment