About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Imperial Knights Faction Focus

Unfortunately, I've been working on finishing my dissertation and a new writing project, so I ended up not being able to paint my miniatures before I return to Singapore. Oh, well. It is what it is. I was also too busy to write Faction Focus articles for the Imperial Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus, but unfortunately, I have too many things to do. Ouch.

However, I will make time for Imperial Knights because they are my primary faction. Okay, one of these days, I'll write about the Astra Militarum and Skitarii as well, and my thoughts on them, but for today, before I fly off, let me write about Imperial Knights.


First, let's direct you guys to the link in the Warhammer Community. You can read the full rules here, but I'll try to provide a brief summary.

It appears that we've kept a simplified version of our Code Chivalric from our 9th edition codex.


Lay Low the Tyrant and Defend the Realm (now Reclaim the Realm) are back, with a few adjustments. No more Protect Those in Need or Refuse no Challenge, but let's be honest, these two are the most commonly taken (I do take Refuse no Challenge though). And if you perform a deed, you get Honored, with the benefits of 3 Command Points and other stuff. Like...


Hell, yeah! This is a big buff! As you guys probably know if you've been following my blog, I mostly use the House Taranis Household Tradition for my Knight House, giving them a 6+++ Feel No Pain, and it's back, better than ever! Better yet, it has been buffed - the Feel No Pain applies to mortal wounds as well! So Knights are more durable than before! And if you get Honored, then you get an improved 5+++ Feel No Pain! Awesome! I can't wait to play Knights once more! Woohoo! This is just amazing!

Sorry, I'm waffling like Valrak now.


Armiger Warglaives are now Toughness 10 and OC 8. Nice. We also have a buffed thermal spear, which is Strength 12 and now it's Melta 4. 4! That's D6+4 damage if you're within 18" of your target! And Strength 12 too! Nice. Just nice. Meltagun is also Strength 9, but I think that's standard.


Won't say much because I'm more of a Crusade guy and so I'm not a fan of Named Characters, but this does hint toward the weapons we might have. I doubt the Thunderstrike Gauntlet will be as powerful, but while it's most likely going to remain Strength 20 and Strength 10, but I think it'll be 8 Damage for the Strike. Las-impulsor remains at high strength of 14 and 7 and damage of 4 and 2, though the AP has been nerfed a bit.


This is cool, but just to remind you guys, the anti-monster and anti-vehicle means you get Critical Wounds against monsters and vehicles on 4+. And that means you're dealing 12 mortal wounds on wound rolls of 4+ against monsters and vehicles because of the Devastating Wounds rule. Yes, that's insane.


Like all battle cannons, the AP has been nerfed to AP -1, but there's a lot more shots now. D6+3, and now it's 2D6+6 shots if you're within 36" of your target. Sure, you have less AP, but that's a lot more shots. I think it's an incredible tradeoff and worth it.


This Stratagem probably is a replacement for Machine Spirit Resurgent and it's no longer tied to Questor Mechanicus, so that's good. Plus you can use it twice if your Knights are Honored.


This Stratagem can be pretty strong, but if you fail to kill your target, then you can't use it again. Good tradeoff, if you ask me. I think it's nice.


Bondsmen abilities return, and apparently Knight Paladins give your Armigers Lethal Hits and Lance abilities (I believe Lance gives you a +1 to the Strength to your melee weapons for the turn you charge) and Knight Gallants give Armigers rerolls to hit rolls and charge rolls. Cool!

I can't wait to see what awaits Imperial Knights in 10th edition!

No comments:

Post a Comment