About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Washed Phalanx Warders and Spartan, Painted Predator and Rhino

To prepare for Renegade, I'm trying to get my models painted as soon as possible. So I painted the Rhino and Predator Executioner I assembled yesterday. Yeah, in one day. Oh, and I also touched up on my Phalanx Warders and Spartan and washed them.

My friends (Horus Heresy friends) advised me to touch up my Phalanx Warders and wash them. Meaning, use a Shade, because Citadel Shade paints are a wash. Okay, I know how that sounds like, but never mind. I'm a pun joker. Anyway, I listened to their advice and touched up my Phalanx Warders and Spartan before washing them. Also did the same for the Rhino.

Honestly, I don't know if I can see any difference. They look a little darker, I guess? At least that was what I thought, but when the wash dried, I think they actually look pretty nice. Hard to tell from the poor lighting in my desk, but hmm...well, maybe my friends can tell me on Wednesday. Or when I see them in Renegade. We'll see.

Oh, and I also kitbashed my Librarian. He was formerly the Praetor with power sword, but at my friend's suggestion, I cut away the wings and skull to add a grimoire. Or a book. So now he looks more like a Librarian than a Praetor. I hope. What do you guys think? No? Never mind...I know I'm a failure. Oh, well.

For now, I'll just focus on getting a second Predator Executioner tank for my Thousand Sons, and hopefully the Tartaros Terminator sword arms arrive soon so that I can build a Tartaros Terminator command squad for my Imperial Fists, but I'm not holding my breath. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment