About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Rogal Dorn Tank and updated tank stats

Warhammer Community has posted an article on the Rogal Dorn size comparison with the venerable Leman Russ tank and the BANEBLADE!!!.

As you can see, the Rogal Dorn is a nice middle ground between the trusty Leman Russ and the steel behemoth that's the BANEBLADE!!!!. Cool. And the poor guardsman is...tiny when put next to them. Just the way I like it, since I'm a treadhead.

We also have new stats for our tanks - the Leman Russ tank now has 6 attacks, a 2+ armor save (outside of the balance slate), 13 wounds and the Rogal Dorn has Toughness 9. Whoa. That's pretty tough. 17 wounds too, cool.



The Baneblade has also seen an upgrade.


Toughness 9 Baneblade now? 30 wounds? Awesome. I'll probably have to proxy my Stormblade as one of the other Baneblade variants unless the Forge World Compendium gets an update, but yeah. I'll just feel kind of awkward running a Toughness 8 Stormblade with 26 wounds while everyone else's superheavy tanks are...better. Like, way better. So we'll see if they update the Stormblade's profile in the Imperial Armor Compendium FAQ, if not I'll just proxy him as a Stormsword or whatever profile that fits his plasma blastgun most closely. We'll see. It just sucks, you know? Not only does the Solar Auxilia no longer have Stormblades and other super-heavy tanks and Baneblade variants in the Liber Imperium - with the sole exception of the Stormhammer - I can't really use my Stormblade in 40K or 9th edition because of the discrepancy between his profile and the other Baneblade variants. Give me a break. Don't punish me for running Forge World models, will ya? I'm not really that much of a power gamer - though, let's be honest, we all prefer winning to losing - but a difference of 1 Toughness and 4 wounds, as well as the obsolete weapon profile just makes me feel kind of bad when fielding my Stormblade. Well, I'll mostly play narrative missions instead of competitive, so it's not like I'll show up with my Stormblade at a Renegade GT.

Oh, and before I go, I might as well post the cool stats that we have for the battle cannon and oppressor cannon.


Cool. I think my plasma executioner cannon gets a similar upgrade, though I'll say that my plasma cannon sponsons are a little...out of place. Not that I care, I'm sticking to them as long as the option remains in the codex. Anyway, we'll see how tanks work in the new edition, as well as in Liber Imperium (or Horus Heresy). I love my plasma tank regiment, and I'll try to adhere to it as much as possible. Honestly, I think my all Leman Russ Executioner tank regiment fits Horus Heresy more because that's the lore, isn't it? During the Great Crusade, there were entire Imperial Army armored regiments consisting of Executioners, and I wanted to do an army like that. I don't care that plasma has been nerfed in Horus Heresy 2.0 or that I need a 4+ wound roll for AP2, like I said, I'm not a power gamer. I don't need like super overpowered rules, but at the same time, I'm not a fan of handicapping myself severely when everyone else's Baneblade variant is straight up superior. In any event, we shall see. For Rogal Dorn and the Emperor! For Draconis and the Omnissiah!


Also, as a nice bonus:

No comments:

Post a Comment