About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Tartaros Terminator command squad

When I learned that my Imperial Fists Praetor was actually in Tartaros Terminator armor and not Cataphractii, I was a little disappointed because he wouldn't do well if he joins the 10-men Cataphractii Terminator squad. They wouldn't be able to move his full 7" and they lose the Heavy bonus to reroll saves against blast and template weapons, while the Praetor himself loses the ability to perform sweeping advances.

So my solution was to create a Tartaros Terminator command squad. Of course with Imperial Fists vigil pattern storm shields because, y'know, it fits the theme and everything. So that's what I did. Kitbashing with the Cataphractii Terminator vigil storm shields for the Imperial Fists, I cut off the hands and glued them to the Tartaros Terminator arms before gluing the shields on. And I managed to procure bits - extra Tartaros Terminator power swords - to fit about 4 of them with swords. So they are WS5 Tartaros Terminators with power swords and a Standard Bearer for Line. I used the vexilla from the Phalanx Warder set to kitbash a standard for my dudes, so there you have it. Yay...I think? I don't know if it will work out, but I hope it does. We'll see. Power swords might seem like a weird choice, but I'm hoping to strike on Initiative 4 or something, rather than wait for them to get smacked around by other forces before they can attack. Will it work? I don't know. But I like the sword and shield motif.

Oh, and here's a closeup of my Phalanx Warders, to show the effects of the Casandora Yellow shade over Averland Sunset base. Do they look better with the wash? Or there's no difference? You be the judge, though I know no one will comment. I doubt anyone is reading this blog...except my Crusade friends, who only read the stories I write and post (and send them), so they probably wouldn't be reading this post anyway. Why am I talking to myself?

...probably because of the warp and maybe Tzeentch Daemons whispering into my ear and deluding me into thinking I'm talking to somebody when I'm not...like poor Magnus. Aaron Dembski-Bowden, do you have something against Graham McNeill or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment