About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Horus Heresy Match

It has been a while since Renegade, and I finally had the chance to play Horus Heresy again! A group of us is attempting to make it a regular thing, so we're having weekly sessions, mostly in Dreamers Vault at Hiawatha Avenue (Minneapolis). So we had 4 guys show up today, including me, but unfortunately, one of them wasn't playing. Fortunately, I did get a game against White Scars.


Still, here's what they have! White Scars, Blood Angels and Iron Hands! Cool!

And then there's my Thousand Sons. So we had a 2,500 point game, though I only had 2,470 points worth of a Thousand Sons army. I had a game against White Scars, who had 2,655 points - almost 200 more points than me. That's totally fine, I didn't expect to win and was playing for fun. Besides, I could use it as an excuse when I inevitably lost (heh).

Chris - the White Scars player - used the Chogorian Brotherhood Rite of War. So he had a list like this:

Praetor on bike

Stormseer on jetbike

Warmonger

2 huge squads of Outriders

1 massive squad of Sky Hunters

Tactical squad in Rhino

Support Tactical squad with 10 plasma guns

Xiphon Interceptor

Storm Eagle

10 Tartaros Terminators

Apocethary on bike

I think that's...it? In contrast, I was using the Achaean Configuration Rite of War for my Thousand Sons, so my list was something like this:

Praetor in Cataphractii Terminator with Biomancy

Previan with Biomancy

Librarian with Biomancy

Techmarine

2 Osiron Dreadnoughts

5 Cataphractii Terminators with volkite chargers and aetherfire blaster

2 tactical squads with asphyx bolters, chain bayonets, aetherfire pistol and achean force sword

2 tactical support squads with 10 aetherfire blasters each

2x2 Castellax Achea-automata with aetherfire cannons

Yeah, I think that's about it. The mission was Tide of Carnage, so it was about grabbing deployment zones or something. Chris got first turn, and I didn't bother to seize the initiative because most of his guys were in deep strike or outflank, so we basically skipped our first turns, ha ha.

Then the White Scars came in, took out almost an entire plasma tactical squad, wiped out one tactical squad in combat (with the bikers) and destroyed two Castellax-Achea automata and the Previan. Ouch. He then killed all my Terminators and Praetor with his Sky Hunters, while his Storm Eagle took potshots at my Dreadnoughts, but didn't do much other than a couple of wounds. I did manage to decimate most of his plasma tactical squad in return and even wrecked his Storm Eagle. Phew! He continued to chip away at me, wiping out my plasma tactical squad eventually while putting more wounds on my Dreadnoughts. In return, I destroyed a Rhino, all of his Terminators and an Outrider squad.

We continued to trade blows, and I lost one of my Osiron Dreadnoughts to the Sky Hunters, but managed to kill the Stormseer and wipe out an outrider squad. The plasma tactical squad killed themselves on gets hot! rolls while trying to kill my remaining Osiron Dreadnought, who then proceeded to pummel the second Outrider squad, killing the enemy Praetor in combat. His Sky Hunter squad flew up to kill one of my remaining Castellax-Achea automata, leaving just one, while earlier he had wiped out my second tactical squad with the Outrider squad (who then fell back and got locked in combat with my Osiron Dreadnought). His tactical squad traded blows with my plasma tactical squad, who lost combat, leaving my Librarian to fail his Leadership test twice in a row and ran off the table. Wow.

In the end, he had a Xiphon, the remains of a Tactical squad and a couple of Outriders and almost a full Sky Hunter squad in my deployment zone, giving him a lot of points, while I only had a single Castellax-Achea automata, my Techmarine and the Osiron Dreadnought (with 1 wound remaining). Ouch, that was a pretty crushing defeat. Oh, well.

At least I had a game, and it was fun! That's all that matters! (also, insert obligatory "He had almost 200 points more than I did!" excuse here)

Looking forward to another game maybe next week! Maybe I'll get a chance to test out the new Knight rules this time.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pics of some armies in a casual setting :) Some of the ways those miniatures are being transported gives me heart palpitations though. Look at those Iron Hands tanks just stacked up :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, my friend has quite the...uh, iron touch with them.

      Delete