About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, January 31, 2022

Hobby stuff

I managed to assemble a second squad of Cataphractii Terminators with thunder hammers and storm shields. I had to make do with spare MKIII power armor thunder hammers because the Cataphractii Terminator special weapon upgrade set only came with 3, so I bought 2 MKIII power armor thunder hammers from somewhere else. Nonetheless, I paired them with the Imperial Fists Cataphractii Terminator storm shields that I was so fond of and yay! Now I have 10 Assault Terminators with thunder hammers and Imperial Fists storm shields! The Cataphractii version, no less!


Definitely can field a small Imperial Fists army for Horus Heresy now, using Pride of the Legion. The Terminators will be troops, plus the Contemptor Dreadnoughts, and...I think I'll just see what else I can add eventually. But yeah, Pride of the Legion - Templar Brethren! Otherwise I'll just use them for my Black Templars! They are Black Templars, after all.


I also painted a couple of models this morning. I painted my third Armiger Warglaive! Remember on Saturday, I mentioned that I was shifting toward a Knight Household with the Hounds of War Household Tradition alongside Glorified History? That was because I plan to get more Armigers. With the new Objective Secured ability (and counting as 5 models), Armigers are going to be very important in playing the mission. I'll need at least two more so that I can grab as many objectives as I can. Heh. So here is my third Armiger Warglaive, joining the ranks of my two others. I plan to get a third Knight Moirax eventually, but...as I said on Saturday, Forge World kind of screwed up my order and I'm still waiting on them to get back to me. Oh, well. Anyway...


In addition to my third Armiger Warglaive, I painted 2 Castellax battle-automata! This means I have a fully painted Legio Cybernetica army! I needed 2 more Castellax battle-automata to field a full primary detachment of Legio Cybernetica or Mechanicum forces with the Legio Cybernetica Rite of War. As veterans of the Horus Heresy will know, you need a minimum of 1 compulsory HQ and 2 compulsory Troops for a primary detachment - this is the old Force Organization Chart rules in 7th edition that is still being used for Horus Heresy. So Legio Cybernetica requirements are that you need to take a unit of minimum 2 Castellax battle-automata for compulsory Troops. So I needed 4. And now I have 4!


This is my entire Legio Cybernetica army now! It consists of an Archmagos Dominus, a Magos Dominus, a Tech-priest Auxilia with cortex controller and servo-automata (basically Cybernetica Datasmith), 2 units of 2 Castellax battle-automata - 2 with mauler bolt cannons, 2 with Darkfire cannons, 2 Vultarax strato-automata and 2 Thanatar siege-automata. I've included 4 Kastelan robots even though they are technically not part of the Horus Heresy (funnily they feature heavily in Rob Sanders's Horus Heresy novella, Cybernetica, though). Rounding out the Legio Cybernetica cohort are 2 Mechanicum Knights Moirax and a single Cerastus Knight Atrapos. It's truly meant to be a Mechanicum cohort, heh.

I will be bringing this Mechanicum Legio Cybernetica army for a Horus Heresy narrative event this Saturday! We'll see how it goes! Till then! Ave Omnissiah!


Oh, and I also added more paint to my Warlord Titan and touched up a little here and there. I found my Warlord Titan very plain, especially when I put him next to my Knights. So I decided to add a bit of red here and there to make him stand out as a centerpiece model when standing next to my Knight banners. To distinguish him - he's not a Knight, he's a Titan. So more colors, a more...vivid paint scheme, shall we say? I think I like him a lot better now. He looks much better than before...the last time, with just black and gold, he looked pretty plain. With the red, he looks much better.


Why red, you ask? Well...I'm a fan of Blackburn Rovers, and I love the color scheme of their away jersey, so I decided to go for black and red. Because...Blackburn Rovers. Yeah. Now you know why the Marshal of my Black Templars Crusade force is named Mowbray, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment