About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Dreamers Escalation League

We have an Escalation League in Dreamers Vault today! Yay! The manager started it today, and 9 of us signed up. It was really fun! I think there was quite a variety - we had Necrons, Craftworld Aeldari, Adeptus Custodes, Knights (converted Ork Knights, I think, but using Imperial Knight rules - House Krast, in particular), Imperial Guard, Orks, Blood Angels and Thousand Sons. I was the second Knight player there, so that was...peculiar. I didn't think Knights would be popular, heh.

Anyway, I came late today because I was waiting for a delivery from Forge World - USPS told me the delivery time, so yay. I had a couple of Contemptor Dreadought arms for a friend, so I wanted to get hold of them and pass them to him today because I wouldn't be going to Dreamers next week (Horus Heresy stuff next Saturday!). To my horror, my Knight Moirax was missing. I'll have to contact Forge World and either ask them to send a Knight Moirax once it's restocked or request for a refund. I'm not sure how long they will take to respond, but generally from my experience they are pretty quick. Though they seem to be busy these days.


Fortunately, I was still able to get a Combat Patrol game today! Two of them, actually - one of them was for the Escalation League. I played against my friend who plays Orks. He brought that Army of Renown for Orks, something to do with SpeedFreakz? Speed Freeks Speed Mob, if I'm not mistaken. So a bunch of Ork bikers (2 squads of 4 Ork bikers), a Warboss on a wartrike, a Squigbuggy and a Boosta-Blasta if I remember correctly. We rolled off, I won the roll, but I let him go first. It's a Crusade game, and I didn't want to...uh, you know, be too competitive.


Oh, right. My list? Armigers. It's 500 points, so I brought 2 Armiger Warglaives and an Armiger Knight Moirax with graviton pulsars. I decided to switch things up and pair Glorified History with Hounds of War because I was planning to transit to a more Armiger-heavy list. It'll be useful for my Armigers to fall back and shoot.

The Orks rushed up the table, counting as making a normal move even though they advanced, and getting a 5++ invulnerable save when they advanced, which made them incredibly hard to kill. Fortunately, my Knights were far back, so I didn't suffer much. Instead, I wiped out a warbiker squad in combat with my Armiger Warglaive, and then proceeded to do 7 or so damage to the Warboss on a Wartrike with a meltagun. Unfortunately, my other Armiger Warglaive was unable to kill the second squad of warbikers, with me fluffing my rolls. The Knight Moirax also rolled double 1s for his 2D6 graviton pulsar shots, which made me have a sinking feeling in my stomach. Fortunately, the Knight Moirax survived a charge from the warboss on wartrike, and then using the Hounds of War to my advantage, I had him fall back and kill the warboss on wartrike with graviton pulsars. Yes!


However, my other Armiger Warglaive fell to the warbikers. Yikes. I managed to destroy the squigbuggy with my first Armiger Warglaive, though, his melta just burning through most of its health, and then finishing it off in combat with his reaper chain-cleaver. The warbikers survived more shots and charged my Knight Moirax, along with the boosta-blasta, and destroyed him in combat. Ouch. Oh, they did mortal wounds when they charged too. Even more ouch. I was barely hanging in there, but I finally destroyed the boosta-blasta with a melta gun, then charged in to lock the surviving warbikers in combat. We swung at each other for a couple of turns, and my Armiger Warglaive made a single clutch save - he needed a 5+ armor save and I got it - against a Damage 2 big choppa when he only had 2 wounds remaining and...he killed the Warbikers. I think on the very last turn. Phew.


Thanks to that, I managed to win the game. I think I had like 50 points to my opponent's 40 anyway, so I was somehow able to pull out on top. Phew. That came down to the wire. If my Armiger Warglaive failed that save and lost his last 2 wounds, my Knights would have been defeated in this game. Yikes. That was so clutch!


Also had a small combat patrol against Chaos Space Marines. To make up for the difference in firepower, I allowed him to summon every turn and didn't count reinforcement points. So he basically pulled a few hundred points of Daemons over the course of the game for free, making it an almost 800 or 900 point list against my 435 point Knight list. That was fine. By the end of the game, I killed his Dark Apostle, 5 Terminators, 2 squads of 5 Chaos Space Marines, 5 Raptors, about 10+ Bloodletters, 10 Flesh Hounds, Skulltaker and...yeah. I decided to surrender because there were way too many Daemons for me to deal with, and I only had a single Knight Moirax left after his Bloodletters ripped apart my poor Armiger Warglaives. But that's fine. As long as my opponent had fun, that was all that mattered to me. It was a casual game anyway, so whatever - I wanted him to win so that he would enjoy the game, even if we did it through unconventional means (summoning Daemons every turn without them costing reinforcement points).


Oh, and I bought the Cerastus Knights. Now I have 2 Cerastus Knight Castigators and 2 Cerastus Knight Acherons. I thought they would be useful so that I will have more Knight banners. Heh. We'll see what else I can do. Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment