About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, January 1, 2022

A couple of Titanicus games

To start off the new year, I had a couple of Adeptus Titanicus games. Man, I love Adeptus Titanicus and my Knights. As usual, I fielded a Knight Household Army against Titans.

The first match was against a friend with Legio Tempestus. He wanted to try out his new Warmaster Iconoclast Titan, so yay. He fielded the Warmaster alongside 2 Warhounds, a Reaver and 2 Cerastus Knight Lancers. In contrast, my list was 2 Knight Lances - 2 Cerastus Knights Atrapos, 2x2 Questoris Knights Styrix, and then 4 Cerastus Kights Lancer, 3 Questoris Knights Errant and 3 Questoris Knights Paladin. They were accompanied by 2 auxiliary banners of 2 Acastus Knights Porphyrion.

The mission was Conquest (?) where we scored victory points for having our units within range of the opponent's table edge, and another 5 points if the opponent didn't have any of his units within range of their table age. It took place on a toxic world, which meant our Knights took damage on a 6+, and there was smog, which meant that units couldn't shoot at anything that's less than a distance equal to twice their scale. That might sound complicated, but basically, if I want to shoot at a Warhound, I had to be within 12" of it to target it (because it's scale 6). Otherwise all shots outside 12" automatically miss. For a Warmaster, I needed to be 24" away from it to target it because it's scale 12.

The deployment zone was a little weird. Anyway, it seemed that my opponent went first and I couldn't get many orders off because I kept rolling 1s for the D10 command checks. Fortunately, shielded by the smog, I was able to keep my Knights alive...mostly.

Until the Warmaster finally came within range. At first, it hilariously whiffed with its drill when it charged at my Knights Paladin, rolling a bunch of 1s or something. I wasn't able to do much damage to it because of how tough it was, but I did manage to disable its plasma blastguns eventually. Nonetheless, the Warmaster destroyed the Knights Errant in the combat phase, while I only killed 1 Knight Lancer in return. One Warhound suffered critical damage to the legs because of plasma mines, but I wasn't able to do much damage.

For most of the game, I could only see my Knights fall to the Warmaster when it got too close, and though I was somehow able to destroy the Knight Lancers, I basically lost 2 Knights Porphyrion and an entire lance. Eventually, I had just the banner of 2 Acastus Knights Porphyrion and the Knight Atrapos and 3 Knights Styrix left. Aware that I couldn't do anything to the Ttans, especially with the smog - and actually making use of the smog to my advantage, I hid my beleaguered Knights away and kept 2 Knights Porphyrion close to the opponent's table edge while my Knights Styrix and Knights Atrapos danced away from the Titans and hugged my table edge thanks to Full Stride order finally going through.

The game then ended with my Knights running and hiding away from the Titans. It seemed like a draw - my opponent's Reaver Titan survived, giving him 5 points for Secondary, whereas I got 5 points for denying him the "opponent has no units near his table edge" objective and getting it myself. We got the same for primary objective because we had units right along the respective table edges, so it was a draw. I didn't get the secondary objective because I needed to kill a Titan or 2 in the first 2 turns, or at least kill them both by the end of the game, which I failed to do. Fortunately, one of the Stratagems I took was a tertiary objective that allowed me to get 2 points for every structurally compromised Titan that my opponent had. So I won, but just barely. Won by 2 points! That was a really close game! Honestly, my opponent should have won and he nearly tabled me, but the smog and playing to the mission really helped a lot.

The second game was against another friend. We were supposed to play Crusade today, but some things happened, and...yeah. Suffice to say, he was't able to olay Crusade against an opponent who was already there, so I suggested we play, and he wanted an Adeptus Titanicus game instead. That suited me just fine.

I fielded the same Knight Household Army, but my opponent brought 2 Warlord Titans - both with Belicosa volcano cannons - 2 Reaver Titans and 2 Warhound Titans. The mission this time was Acquisition, with us needing to grab objective markers and bring them away. There was radiation instead of smog, which would increase reactor level if the Titans were too close to the storm. And then the world was a War World? Which we completely forgot about.

Anyway, it was hilarious. The Warlord Titans decimated and destroyed tons of my Knights. My opponent picked up the marker with his Warhound Titans and then ran away with it, only for my Acastus Knights Porphyrion to shoot them in the back (getting bonus armor penetration damage) and blow them up. The first one blew up catastrophically and killed his squadron mate. Ouch.

Even though I lost even more Questoris Knights here and there, my Knight Lancers made it to the Warlord Titan and slew it in combat after a charge and combat phase. Even better, my Knights Porphyrion killed a Reaver Titan. Engine kill! The Warlord Titans retaliated and destroyed 3 of my 4 Acastus Knights. Ouch. That was so...ouch. Meanwhile, my surviving Knight Lancer made it to the Reaver Titan and slew it in combat again, only to get blown up by the magazine detonation. Ouch. The Warlord Titan took a hit from the explosion, but was otherwise perfectly fine. Having picked up the marker, the surviving Knight Atrapos and a couple of Knights Styrix hid behind buildings and stayed out of line of sight from the sole remaining Warlord Titan, as did my last Knight Porphyrion. The game ended with my Knight force being almost annihilated, but we somehow won because of the primary objective. I think my opponent had 4 points for slaying my Seneschal, while I had 15 points for primary. I can't remember my secondary, but I think it had something to do with Make them Suffer, which meant that I gained points if my opponent's Titan was structurally compromised. They were either dead or not structurally compromised, so I didn't get that one. Oh, well. But a win was still a win, heh.

That was fun! I love Adeptus Titanicus. I hope to be playing more of it again this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment