About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Friday, January 3, 2020

Oh well

As it turned out, the whole Tzeentch year thing was just to advertise Age of Sigmar stuff. So Disciples of Tzeentch stuff instead of Thousand Sons. A bit of a let-down for me, personally, but I think it's great for Age of Sigmar players. So rejoice, Disciples of Tzeentch!



However, I think it's worth taking a look at them because both systems are closely entwined and you can see Warhammer 40,000 taking clear cues from Age of Sigmar. So let's see what this might mean for the Thousand Sons, or Tzeentch Daemons!

First, we have Destiny Dice. According to the Warhammer Community,

"Tzeentch armies roll 9 dice at the beginning of the game. You can then use the results of these dice to replace rolls in the heat of battle!"

So yeah. We have seen a similar mechanic for Adepta Sororitas, where you have Faith Dice or something. I can foresee Thousand Sons having this new mechanic, or at least Tzeentch Daemons. Another mechanic that I think will be ported over to Warhammer 40,000, but will not directly impact the Thousand Sons burt rather Tzeentch Daemons themselves would be an updated Locus of Change.



This probably won't affect the Thousand Sons, but Tzeentch Daemons. I think. So what happens is that Tzeentch Daemons might get an updated Locus of Change in future, or at least in the Psychic Awakening update!

So what about Thousand Sons? Well, I saw this Agenda system, and I thought it might interesting. But instead of Heroes, it will be applicable to Characters.



I don't know if we will get it, but I can see Thousand Sons Psyker Characters getting a bonus to their casting rolls if they successfully cast 2 spells or get an unmodified roll of 9+. That will be cool. I do think it's pretty unlikely, though, so we'll just dismiss this entirely. But it will be really cool if we do actually get something similar.

What caught my eye was the sub-faction. Remember that the preview said we will be getting 9 different cults to devote our Thousand Sons to?



Yeah. I don't know which Cult would be summoning (Cult of Knowledge, maybe?), but I wouldn't be surprised if you can summon a Lord of Change by only needing a 9+ when rolling 3D6 (4D6 if you use the Stratagem). It would be cool, right? I dunno. I can only see one of the Cults being similar to this:



But instead, our Rubric Marines' warpflamers go up to AP -3 (because of an additional AP -1). Or the Scarab Occult Terminators' heavy warpflamer going up to AP -3 as well. I don't know, but yeah...

Of course, this is just speculation. After all, the changes for Disciples of Tzeentch are coming in a brand new, updated warscroll or battletome or whatever they call it. That's completely different from getting a supplement update in a Psychic Awakening book, which is nowhere near the content and updates of a codex. We are not vanilla Space Marines, I doubt we'll get anything similar. Then again, Blood Angels got updated to vanilla Space Marines level, and Dark Angels and Grey Knights might just get brought up to the same level (I probably won't hold my breath on Grey Knights, though, as much as I'm excited for them too). So why not Thousand Sons? However, the update for Chaos Space Marines appear lackluster, coming only in the form of flavorful Stratagems, so Thousand Sons probably won't get any new units or new mechanics. Not unless the 9 cults bring us Combat Doctrines level buffs.

Not that I care, to be honest. I don't play Thousand Sons to dominate tournaments, and I'm fine with Space Marines getting their buffs. I just want to play and try out new stuff, ha ha. That's about it. If they are fun to play, that's enough for me. I don't plan on going to tournaments anytime soon and butting heads with Iron Hands or whatever players. We will see! Honestly, I'm more invested in the story, but from what I see so far, the stories aren't...very good. A lot of cool stuff, no doubt, but nothing concrete happening. Whether it was Faith and Fury or Blood of Baal, the "story" just left us hanging without a clear ending, or where it will go from there. Just "they won this battle" and "they lost this battle" and then "stalemate". Yup, most of the time it ends in a stalemate, and that's about it. Like, come on...

I wonder what will happen for Ritual of the Damned? And will we ever get some supplement to field the Lost and the Damned (or Traitor Guard)?

No comments:

Post a Comment