About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Apocalypse II

Finally got down to writing this battle report, but by now my memory is faded so I can't remember what happened. I think I'll focus on what got destroyed, ha ha.


Anyway, this is an Apocalypse game between me and my friend, and he brought his Imperial Guard army as always. Well, I say Imperial but it's really Traitor Guard, or Hereticus Militarum as High Gothic calls it. He brought 12 Leman Russ tanks (3 of which are Tank Commanders) a couple of Battalions with 6 Chimeras, 2 Wyverns, 2 Basilisks, 2 heavy weapon squads of nothing but mortars, and a Super-heavy detachment with a Baneblade, Shadowsword and a Stormlord.



In contrast, I brought a small Battalion of a Tech-priest Dominus and 3 Skitarii ranger squads plus 2 Skorpius Disintegrator, a Vanguard of a Tech-priest Dominus, 4 Servitors and 2 Secutarii Hoplites squads (one of which I had to proxy because I hadn't gotten my second squad at that time...yet), a Spearhead of a Cybernetica datasmith leading 3 maniples of robots, and 3 Super-heavy Detachments of Knights. 3 Questoris Knight Crusaders, 3 Cerastus Knights (Lancer, Castigator, Atrapos) and an Acastus Knight Asterius with 2 Armiger Knights Moirax.



My opponent had the initiative, and...well, I don't remember much, but I think he just moved his infantry and Chimeras forward while everything took aim. I grabbed the Objectives because this was the Exterminatus mission and we had orbital strikes landing everywhere, ha ha. In any case, I don't remember what happened, but he took out my Knight Lancer and almost killed my Knight Atrapos. I didn't kill anything back in return except a bunch of infantry, wiping out like 2 or 3 squads, though he removed a bunch of blast markers from one squad to save it. Oh, and I killed a mortar heavy weapons squad. Didn't kill any Leman Russ tanks, frustratingly enough. Couldn't even kill the Shadowsword or Baneblade, with them both having about 1 or 2 wounds left each. It was a bad game for me, to be honest, losing a Knight and stuff.



Unfortunately, we only got one round off. We began the second round with life virus bombs going off and dealing a lot of blast markers to his tanks, while I escaped miraculously with few in return, but we didn't get much further than that. He tried to take down my Knight Asterius with his Baneblade and Shadowsword, but failed. We ended the game there because we ran out of time and the store had to close. Oh well. We did our best, though!



I can't wait to try again. Apocalypse is fun, and I hope I'll get a game where we actually get to play all 5 round instead of just only one round!

No comments:

Post a Comment